Grant me the power of causing others to doubt a strange event can be explained rationally.

What would be the best way of translating the portion of the following sentence in bold into Latin?Grant me the power of causing others to doubt a strange event can be explained rationally.
Da mihi potestatem faciendi alios dubitare eventum mirum

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Da mihi potestatem efficiendi ut alii eventum mirum dubitent ratione posse enodari.

Would this be a literal translation of your Latin or would I need to reword my English translation to match the Latin translation you were kind enough to provide? I would also like to thank you again for your help and I do apologize that my questions have caused such heated debates.
Grant me the power of causing others to doubt a strange event can be explained rationally.

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

and I do apologize that my questions have caused such heated debates.
LOL, no need to apologize. We love quibbling over these sort of things (no, really.) :D

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

The word for word translation of my translation is:

"Give me the power of making [it so] that others doubt a strange event to be able to be explained through reason."

But of course that isn't normal English. English and Latin grammar are just different, of course. You can keep your original English version.

Thank you again for all your help, I just wish I could find someone in my area to teach me Latin one on one as I have found that not all books seem to answer all my questions.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

You can still ask questions on the forum. :)

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

Thank you again for all your help, I just wish I could find someone in my area to teach me Latin one on one as I have found that not all books seem to answer all my questions.
What Pacifica said. As a general statement, I would say that this forum is probably the best place (or "place") in the world to learn Latin, for a motivated and self-directed student at any rate.

I appreciate that, I have also be meaning to get back to that workbook I bought but I haven't had the chance yet. Thank you again for your patience and willingness to assist me in this.

Indeed, everyone here has been extremely helpful in learning Latin, though I still have a long way to go but as difficult as it can be to learn I still find it to be a very fascinating language.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

But keep in mind, Darklander, that the translations you are tackling are no easy ones, in that they often use very English/un-Latin-like phrasings, which one has to know Latin pretty well to be able to render into idiomatic Latin, so it's perfectly normal if you feel overwhelmed by them as you attempt them while still in the process of learning the basics of Latin grammar.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I mean, people usually start with easier stuff, like "As Julius was falling from the tree, Marcus was very afraid". :D

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

I mean, people usually start with easier stuff
Actually, it's amazing how much I learned on our wishing game thread, which was about the most bizarre sort of stuff imaginable. ;)

Forgive me, but I was wondering if you two would be kind enough to return to this thread:
Grant me the power of augmenting my ability to remember. I ask because the I got rather confused as to what would be the best translations with all the debating going on.