Grant me the power of confirming a certain event will happen.

Would I be correct in using the future perfect tense of the verb in bold in the following sentence?
Grant me the power of confirming a certain event will happen.
Date mihi potestatem confirmandi quendam eventum eveniet.

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

Maybe:

Date mihi potestatem decernendi num res quaedam futura sit. = Grant me the power of seeing/determining whether a certain thing is going to be.

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

Is my original translation grammatically correct or would you recommend the translation you have provided?
If I didn't, I wouldn't have posted it. ;)

No, the original is not correct.

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

Good point, as you were one to post in my previous thread THREAD: grant-me-the-power-of-causing-many-people-or-items-to-exist-in-the-same-place-with-physical-interact
Would you be so kind as to return to that thread and see if you can offer a definitive answer to that threads question, as everyone involved kind of left me hanging without a consensus on an answer?
Unfortunately neither I nor anyone on that thread is altogether certain about the ideal way to translate that sentence. "With physical interaction" is a very odd concept to express in Latin, I'm afraid.

B

Bitmap

for "physical influence on each other" you could try
res altera alteram impellit
res altera impetum habet in alteram

(or: alia (in) aliam in case of more than 2 things)

I would skip the explicit "physical" because it's self-evident

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

for "physical influence on each other" you could try
res altera alteram impellit
res altera impetum habet in alteram

(or: alia (in) aliam in case of more than 2 things)

I would skip the explicit "physical" because it's self-evident
That would work for the sort of "physical interaction" that I thought he meant at first, but if you look at the thread, it's actually more of a sort of physical superposition/intermixing (rather than two billiard balls hitting one another).

gedwimere

Maybe:

Date mihi potestatem decernendi num res quaedam futura sit. = Grant me the power of seeing/determining whether a certain thing is going to be.
Doesn't num imply that a negative answer is expected? Wouldn't utrum or -ne be more neutral?

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

No, in indirect questions num just means "whether".

I was also considering rewording the spell like this:
Grant me the power of causing many places to collide/collapse into the same space.

Let me know if the above would work in Latin or if your recent suggestion would be the best fit.

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

I was also considering rewording the spell like this:
Grant me the power of causing many places to collide/collapse into the same space.

Let me know if the above would work in Latin or if your recent suggestion would be the best fit.
Hmm, it could work. Maybe:

Da mihi potestatem/potentiam efficiendi ut multi loci eundem in locum collabantur.

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

Grant me the power of causing/bringing about that many places collapse into the same place.

Thanks, I also rewrote it like this, let me know if it still works
Da mihi potestatem efficiendi ut multi loci vel res eundem in locum collabantur.
Grant me the power of causing/bringing about that many places or items collapse into the same place.

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

Thanks, I also rewrote it like this, let me know if it still works
Da mihi potestatem efficiendi ut multi loci vel res eundem in locum collabantur.
Grant me the power of causing/bringing about that many places or items collapse into the same place.
Sure, that should work as well.