Harry Potter in latin

QMF

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

That seems to me to be a sort of Greco-Latin hybrid in its declension. For Hermione should be (for any students of Latin who lack any Greek experience):
Hermione (nom)
Hermiones (gen)
Hermione (dat; iota subscript for the final eta in Koine, at some point earlier it was an actual iota)
Hermionen (acc)

Basing my observations only by what you've said (and therefore not knowing what is used for the genitive), I'd say the following:
He is keeping the nominative (of course).
He is changing the Greek "n" to a more Latin "m", perhaps to ease reading for those fairly new Latinists who haven't yet seen forms like Aenean (a frequent accusative of Aeneas) in print.
He is stretching the iota subscript in the dative to be changed to an actual i (somewhat like the Third), again in an effort to ease reading by newer readers.

Now, I think it would be smoother and more logical to simply use Hermione, -ae to both be most authentic and logical; but I can at least see what they're trying to do here. But of course, I don't know what they did with the genitive, which would really be the crux of it all.

Hurin

Re:

Iynx dixit:
And I'm glad that my pronunciation is ecclesiastical. I wouldn't want to have to pronounce Avunculus Vernon in the classical fashion.
I don't understand this... Avunculus Vernon is pronunced the same in the classical as well as in the ecclesiastical fashion. C before U is always pronunced like K in KEY. I don't see any other difference?

MrKennedy

Re: Re:

I don't understand this... Avunculus Vernon is pronunced the same in the classical as well as in the ecclesiastical fashion. C before U is always pronunced like K in KEY. I don't see any other difference?
He probably means the pronunciation of the Vs.