Help needed with lyrics

Imber Ranae

Ranunculus Iracundus

• Civis Illustris

I think I hear 'apostoli' in there somewhere. The first word sounds like 'lectio', but I'm not sure.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I can hear Apocalypsis and civitatem sanctam Ierusalem novam.

I hadn't recognized lectio and apostoli by myself, but now that you say it, I can hear them.

Absurdism

I think I here 'apostoli' in there somewhere. The first word sounds like 'lectio', but I'm not sure.
It's definitely an opening "le-" sound, but the consonant after that is some sort of dental fricative. Or it could be "x", as in "lexi".
I have the file slowed down in Audacity but it is still inaudible.

Absurdism

Nevermind, you're right. This is what I've got:

Lectio libri apokalypsis
beati Iohanni apostoli:
Et vidi caelum novum et terram novam.
Primum enim caelum, et prima terra abiit,
et mare iam non est.
Et [inaudible; sibi? vidi?] sanctam civitatem Jerusalem novam
vidi descendentem de caelo a Deo,
paratam sicut sponsam ornatam viro suo.
Et audivi vocem magnam de throno dicentem:
Ecce tabernaculum Dei cum hominibus,
et habitabit cum eis.
Et ipsi populus eius erunt,
et ipse Deus cum eis erit eorum Deus:
et absterget Deus omnem lacrimam ab oculis eorum,
et mors ultra non erit, neque luctus, neque clamor, neque dolor erit ultra,
quia prima abierunt.
Et dixit qui sedebat in throno:
Ecce nova facio omnia.
Et dixit mihi:
Scribe
quia haec verba fidelissima sunt, et vera.

Most of this is from Revelation 21, but the introduction is not and the word order is a bit screwed up.

Imber Ranae

Ranunculus Iracundus

• Civis Illustris

It's definitely an opening "le-" sound, but the consonant after that is some sort of dental fricative. Or it could be "x", as in "lexi".
I have the file slowed down in Audacity but it is still inaudible.
That's because it's ecclesiastical pronunciation, which treats ti before another vowel as tsi, making it sound like 'lektsio'.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Et [inaudible; sibi? vidi?] sanctam civitatem Jerusalem novam
It must be vidi, because sibi would hardly make sense, and with vidi it corresponds to Rev. 21:2.

Were you really able to make all that out only by listening to the song? That's frigging impressive. Most of it just sounded like inaudible muttering to me. Are you very accustomed to listening to this kind of music, maybe?

Imber Ranae

Ranunculus Iracundus

• Civis Illustris

Most of this is from Revelation 21, but the introduction is not and the word order is a bit screwed up.
The first part literally just means "A reading from the book of Revelation of blessed John the Apostle" (it's Johannis, btw). The rest is a very straightforward reading of the verse in the Vulgate.

The word order seems fine to me: civitatem is sung before sanctam, not after.

Imber Ranae

Ranunculus Iracundus

• Civis Illustris

It must be vidi, because sibi would hardly make sense, and with vidi it corresponds to Rev. 21:2.
It's not vidi, which wouldn't be repeated after novam. It's actually just civitatem.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

It's not vidi, which wouldn't be repeated after novam.
Well, it could have been. It happens for words to be repeated (like "I saw the holy city, I saw it coming down from heaven"). I haven't listened to it again, though, so I'll take your word it's just civitatem.

Absurdism

That's because it's ecclesiastical pronunciation, which treats ti before another vowel as tsi, making it sound like 'lektsio'.
Ah. Okay. That was a difference I didn't know.

The first part literally just means "A reading from the book of Revelation of blessed John the Apostle" (it's Johannis, btw). The rest is a very straightforward reading of the verse in the Vulgate.

The word order seems fine to me: civitatem is sung before sanctam, not after.
Oh. I had swapped them somehow. I researched it afterward. And yeah, I had mistyped, I meant Iohannis.

Were you really able to make all that out only by listening to the song? That's frigging impressive. Most of it just sounded like inaudible muttering to me. Are you very accustomed to listening to this kind of music, maybe?
I slowed it down and listened to it repeatedly.