Her sprece we on Ænglisc

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
Actually it might have to be 'so dünkt es mich' in German. (Mich dünkt = methinks)
The verb is archaic and not in use anymore in German.

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
þis segþ þæt man ægðer ge "mir" ge "mich" secgan mæg.

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
Ah, thank you for teaching me about my own language :)

(I'm sorry, I don't know any OE)

Issacus Divus

ᛋᚢᚾᚢ ᚱᛖᛟᚱᛞᚲᚤᚾᛁᚾᚷᚨᛋ
Eala, he understent.

Issacus Divus

ᛋᚢᚾᚢ ᚱᛖᛟᚱᛞᚲᚤᚾᛁᚾᚷᚨᛋ
Ic seah þæt maþelboc.

Hemo Rusticus

J. Wellington Wimpy
Ðu eart forʒifen soþlice, Hafocƿudu. Ðæt ƿæs ʒleo ful cyrlisc, bi Ƿodnes ƿangan!

Ðu eart forʒifen soþlice, Hafocƿudu. Ðæt ƿæs ʒleo ful cyrlisc, bi Ƿodnes ƿangan!
You are forgiven, Hawkwood (maybe)? I've a vague idea what else might be being said but could you translate the rest, Hemo?

Does anyone know of a site where I can translate Πinto English (modern)?
I found one but none of Hemo's words give a result.

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
My guess would be: You are truly forgiven, Hawkwood. That was a very rustic joke (?), by Odin's cheeks!

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
Well, I don't know if I'm right, it was just a guess.

Hemo Rusticus

J. Wellington Wimpy
Well, I don't know if I'm right, it was just a guess.
You were right on the money, boss! Only wangan is oblique (in this case 'dative') singular.
Hawkwood dixit:
I found one but none of Hemo's words give a result.
It could be 'cause I used the 'wynn' character (instead of our 'w') and the Celtic-looking 'ezh' (instead of 'g'). So the last part would be:
Ðæt wæs gleo ful cyrlisc, bi Wodnes wangan.

Your translator might also only accept the 'literary West Saxon' forms (so ceorlisc for Kentish cyrlisc).

Hemo Rusticus

J. Wellington Wimpy
You're quite the knowledge fante in OE, Sir.
If only because of the advantages I've had. In addition to independent study, a very kind professor at the U, a considerable authority on the subject of Germanic language, allowed me to sit in on a couple of his graduate courses. My IE training made the final exams of which rather a cakewalk, though I know exceedingly little German. Shortcuts, secret passages; they are laid bare to mine eyne, pardie!

Hemo Rusticus

J. Wellington Wimpy
Ik toot wel myn owen horn.