Her we sprecaþ on Ænglisc

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

Ah, apparently it won't link directly to what I wanted to link to... click §574 below "grammar" in the square above.
Thanks! :)

This is fun. I have to learn Old English. When I get through with Greek...

Tomer

(Just so you know, it's actually spelled "diaper".) ;)
I wasn't aware of that, thanks! Clearly, I'm not a father yet, as far as is well known.

Indeed, I'm quite tempted actually. Of course I'm still working on Latin too... :D
Same here.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Btw, Callaina, that ge - later became i -, as in "sumer is icumen in".

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

Or y -, as in 'yclept', still in humorous use.

In Berlin dialect, G is often pronounced like (German) J, so gekommen would be pronounced jekommen.

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

Or y -, as in 'yclept', still in humorous use.

In Berlin dialect, G is often pronounced like (German) J, so gekommen would be pronounced jekommen.
Etaoin Shrdlu, any idea if the ge- past tense marker in Modern German is related somehow to the Old English prefix (and if not, where it actually came from)?

Imber Ranae

Ranunculus Iracundus

• Civis Illustris

Etaoin Shrdlu, any idea if the ge- past tense marker in Modern German is related somehow to the Old English prefix (and if not, where it actually came from)?
It's the same prefix. The only difference is that it was far more productive in Old English than it is in modern German and not as grammaticalized (i.e. while it is sometimes appended to the past participle in Old English, that isn't a mandatory rule as in German). But remember that ge- is highly lexicalized in German as well, being a very common prefix with verbs (e.g. gefrieren), adjectives, and nouns, just like in Old English.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

Hwæt! Ic eftlifġiefe þone þræd!

Glabrigausapes

Philistine

• Civis Illustris

Ðæt biþ eaðor gesægd ðonne gedon, broðor min.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

Lifġiefe we ġeador, ġebroþor.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

A, Ængla-Normanisc.