Her we sprecaþ on Ænglisc

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

Whenne toot ik eion horn, ik loud tooten,

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

swaswa shyould se man that lookes like Rasputin.

Glabrigausapes

Philistine

• Civis Illustris

Me licaþ wel ða fers ðe þu hæfst geworht. Nis nan tweon þæt ðin modgemynd ne beo forgolden on þæm nehstan dæge.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

ġea, nan tweon.

Glabrigausapes

Philistine

• Civis Illustris

Now I too readily understand the above yet I also fear it's likely not Πbut tongue-in-cheek.
It's rather a brand of Middle English which, depending on the dialect, is much easier to read.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

Oh, Ik þought þat hít waes joke Inglish.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

Ēalā!

Glabrigausapes

Philistine

• Civis Illustris

Eala-hu akbar?

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

Wotan the world?

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

"Geþola þeoda þrea! Nis seo þrah micel
þaet þe waerlogan witevendum,
synnige ðurh searocraeft, swecan motan."

Andreas, 107-109.

Iċ ġeat bōc fersa Ænglisċra.

Mē þynceð þæt þæt uncyst wǣre, þæt ic on ōðrum þrǣde awrāt, þæt is "yfel", for þām þe ic wolde brūcan wordes gefēran, nalles þæs tōgeīcendlīcan naman.

Glabrigausapes

Philistine

• Civis Illustris

Bī ðǣm tōgeīcendlīcan mǣnestu auxiliaris tō secgenne?

Adjectīvum. Ælfrīc āwende þæt word of Lǣdene on Englisc on his Stæfcræfte, þus cweðende: "Þā ōðre naman ðissere geendunge sind adjectīva, þæt sind "tōgeīcendlīce", and maciað masculīnum on -us, and fēminīnum on -a, and neutrum on -um."

If someone cares about extremely nit-picky stuff:

The name of the thread should apparently be Hēr wē sprecaþ on Englisc. In main clauses with a fronted constituent and a pronominal subject, the V2 effect is impossible in the indicative mood unless the fronted constituent is a wh-word, ne, or one of the handful of adverbs/discourse particles that allow for it (þā, þonne, , and swā), or if the fronted constituent is a direct speech quotation.

Linda von Bergen has a good study of this phenomenon in the book called Pronouns and Word Order in Old English.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Ic hit gerihte (Her sprece we on Ænglisc ---> Her we sprecaþ on Ænglisc).

If someone cares about extremely nit-picky stuff:

The name of the thread should apparently be Hēr wē sprecaþ on Englisc. In main clauses with a fronted constituent and a pronominal subject, the V2 effect is impossible in the indicative mood unless the fronted constituent is a wh-word, ne, or one of the handful of adverbs/discourse particles that allow for it (þā, þonne, , and swā), or if the fronted constituent is a direct speech quotation.

Linda von Bergen has a good study of this phenomenon in the book called Pronouns and Word Order in Old English.
I wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas in Old English and realised I wrote "impossible" here instead of "almost impossible" or "highly unlikely" or "not preferable". That's especially dumb since the book I recommended actually shows some examples of it happening. :crazy: Another good book that touches on this subject is this one. It's also more recent and has other examples of things not going the way they're expected to go.

Anyway: Ic wȳsce ēow blīðre Cristes Mæssan!

Glabrigausapes

Philistine

• Civis Illustris

Þe eac sy Geol swiðe bliþ!