Tattoo humility with progress

adfasdf

i wanted a proper translation of the phrase "humility with progress " i tried google translate but it was horrible lol or any variations of the phrase

adfasdf

humilitas cum profectu

= humility along with progress
thank you so much for the fast reply , the other way would be "profectu cum humilitas" ?....meaning "progress along with humility" .... i basically want to say , "whatever you do ,even if you win ALWAYS BE HUMBLE "

Ignis Umbra

Ignis Aeternus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

thank you so much for the fast reply , the other way would be "profectu cum humilitas"
No; if you wanted the reverse, it'd have to be profectus cum humilitate.
?....meaning "progress along with humility"
Yes.

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

Is there any example of humilitas, or humilis for that matter, being used in a positive sense in classical Latin? My impression was that this was a development in church Latin.

B

Bitmap

True.
Maybe modestia/modestus or moderatio/moderatus would be the more classical choice. Depending on the context in which it is used it might of course be an idea to use the Christian terminology.

syntaxianus

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

How would Cicero approximate the idea? Perhaps

Fuge insolentiam et triumphans.

= Keep away from arrogance even when you are exulting in triumph.

Or possibly:

Semper reverere omnes et in victoria.

= Always be respectful of everyone even in victory.

Or:

Nil insolenter et in victoria.

= [Do / say / think] nothing haughtily even in victory.

But I think even Cicero would find humilis (lowly) transparent enough in context. And the language of mottoes embraces a wide swathe of historical linguistic development.

adfasdf

esto humilis et in victoria

= be humble even in victory

Do not use the other phrase you wrote. It is not meaningful Latin.
thats it !! its exactly what i mean ..but can it be made shorter??...something like "humility in victory" .....u guys are awesome :D

Ignis Umbra

Ignis Aeternus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus