"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good"

LindaHatch

Hello, I would like to get a Latin translation for:

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good"

I'm a third year student in Interaction Design. One of my assignments involves creating a website. I decided to do a Harry Potter-themed website.

(I already did a search in your forums and I know Harry Potter is not very popular - my apologies)

My website is dedicated to the troublemakers in the Harry Potter world. The phrase I would like translated is closely associated with some major characters.

I took Latin back in 2000, but I don't remember much of it. So I didn't want to try and translate it on my own. I also did not want to use Google translate, for the reasons stated on your website.

I tried searching online to see if the phrase had already been translated, or if it was in your forum, but did not find anything.

I would like to be accurate, and I am also genuinely curious as to how it would translate into Latin.

On a final note, I realize Latin is gender specific. While I want the phrase to reflect my website (meant for men and women), I understand this may not be possible. Therefore, since the phrase is primarily associated with male characters, could you please translate it for men?

If you are not interested, could you please point me in the right direction?

And if my request has offended you, I apologize profusely.

Many thanks!!!

~Linda

Agrippa

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

... alternatively versified translation (iambic senarius):

Persancte iuro pravum me semper fore.

LindaHatch

Hi, this is a follow-up to my previous thread.

I apologize if I'm not supposed to make more than one thread about a similar topic.

I was hoping I could get a translation for:

"We solemnly swear we are up to no good"

This is for a school project - a Harry Potter themed fan site. I would like the option of the singular and plural of this phrase, because I might be using it in multiple areas of the site. I already have the male singular from the previous thread, now I would like the plural, please?

Many thanks!!!

Linda

Agrippa

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

I can't help versifying... ;)

Sancte iuramus pravos nos semper fore.

Naylil911

ius iurandum damus nos mala machinari
Hi LCF ~ Would you please share the female plural version of this phrase as well? I'd like to use the plural form of the phrase, for a personalized gift for a group of amazing women I work with, who are the glue that hold our team together. They're all pretty sassy and always find ways to make the impossible - possible, and we don't ask too many questions - LOL! So this seems to be perfect for them. Thank you in advance!

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

This is plural and does not vary with gender.