I will strike God to Earth and become a perfect being

G4mb13

"I will strike God to Earth and become a perfect being"

The intended use of this phrase will be a tattoo. It will be worked around an Alchemical Transmutation Circle using proper Alchemy symbology. As for what this means to me, I'm striving to become a perfect being and I'm willing to do anything to accomplish this, even take on god himself. I am a male.

Thank you for helping me.

G4mb13

Actually, if it's not too much trouble, I'd like to add to the quote. In total it should read "The lion will swallow the sun, and I will strike God to earth and become a perfect being; then I will see the truth."

Aurifex

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

Actually, if it's not too much trouble, I'd like to add to the quote. In total it should read "The lion will swallow the sun, and I will strike God to earth and become a perfect being; then I will see the truth."
I feel pretty sure it needs to read something along the lines of: "the lion will swallow the sun and all the stars..." otherwise alchemical equilibrium is unlikely to be attained and the (theoretical) probability of succeeding in striking God to earth will be dangerously compromised. Have you considered that?

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Strike God to Earth??? what on earth

Nikolaos

schmikolaos

• Censor

I feel pretty sure it needs to read something along the lines of: "the lion will swallow the sun and all the stars..." otherwise alchemical equilibrium is unlikely to be attained and the (theoretical) probability of succeeding in striking God to earth will be dangerously compromised. Have you considered that?
Does your concern lie in gravitational shifts? If this lion has insignificant mass, and stays at the point that was the sun's center of gravity, then that shouldn't be an issue.

Of course, we're probably on different pages. You seem to have some idea as to how swallowing the sun makes this task possible, and I don't.

That said, I'm sure someone will translate this. I personally won't translate things that flirt with blasphemy, for my own reasons, but there is no rule saying that no one can.

what on earth
God :p

Avarus

I wanted to translate it, but the thought of trying to reach perfection through violence of even God made me wonder what kind of perfect being that would be. Me thinks meditation is in order.

Summus Mus

spirant omnia. . .et cuncta subiacent vanitati.

Ok, so you somehow get the superimposition of waveforms at the grossest level of dynamical symmetry breaking (here, the Sun) to collapse in on itself (here, the swallowing) then your lion (here, a lion) would in turn be swallowed by a cavum negrum (scribere 'tua mater' hic paene scandalizabam).

I don't know much about alchemy, thought it was just restricted to blueberry jam hydrocolloids and the like. Delicious alchemy.

Nikolaos

schmikolaos

• Censor

Haha... But, the gravitational pull of this cavum negrum would still be the same as the sun, plus the insignificant force exerted by the lion's mass. The orbit of the planets would be unaffected, although they would freeze over a short period of time. On a cosmic scale, the effects would be minute - the lion was always a part of the system (I assume), so cosmic shifts caused by its movement would not matter for billions of years.

That's my take on the matter, anyway. I'm not an alchemist or an astronomer, so don't attempt this before asking an expert.

No attempts at translation? I almost feel bad playing around with the idea without a serious proposition going forward.

Summus Mus

I was more worried about the lion than the cosmos.. that and the litigious WCS.

And because I think God would find this funny: leo solem devorabit / Deum (or deos) ad terram iciam / atque ens absolutum ero / deinde veritatem visam.

The above translation is literal--Nikilaos made me feel a little guilty. I put no thought into the deeper philosophical quandaries of what you're trying to express.

G4mb13

Wow, thanks guys, particularly Summus Mus. I only received a notification for the first post, so I haven't checked back until this morning. Good job.