Impression that I'm speaking my native language with Latin words

meisenimverbis

Civis Illustris
I've been trying to write every week in Latin, and I'm never sure I'm writing Latin properly... (I write brief diary entries.) I've been trying to reproduce whatever I absorb from my vocabulary/expressions studies. (I've been working with the Goldlist method, as noted elsewhere, a while ago.)

Do you guys suggest any exercise I could do to improve from this?

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
Read original Latin texts. It's the best and most probably only way to get a real feel for the language beyond basic grammar rules.

Ybytyruna

I've been trying to write every week in Latin, and I'm never sure I'm writing Latin properly... (I write brief diary entries.) I've been trying to reproduce whatever I absorb from my vocabulary/expressions studies. (I've been working with the Goldlist method, as noted elsewhere, a while ago.)

Do you guys suggest any exercise I could do to improve from this?
Salvus ſis!

Ea quæ dixerunt amici ſupra repeto, deinde addo hoc unum: multum prodeſſe libros de verborum commiſſuris, qui ubique retis reperiri poſſunt, ad ingredienda ſermonis Romani penetralia, legere.

Vale!

meisenimverbis

Civis Illustris
Salvus ſis!

Ea quæ dixerunt amici ſupra repeto, deinde addo hoc unum: multum prodeſſe libros de verborum commiſſuris, qui ubique retis reperiri poſſunt, ad ingredienda ſermonis Romani penetralia, legere.

Vale!
Gratus sum mihi Latine respondeas. It helps me, because it instigates me. Loqui incipiendum conor. Proximus sum, sentio.