In Canis Confiderus

BrockmanT

Im a police officer and took Latin MANY years ago throughout schooling. We are getting conflicting translations etc for the above. Many military police units and civilian police units have the above slogan on coins/ war patches/ tattoos etc. We are trying to figure out which one is correct (if any):

The two we seem to find on patches/ uniforms and coins the most are:

In Canis Confiderus

OR

In Canes Confiderus

If I have violated any rules I apologize.

I guess it would also be fitting or may have been better for me to post this in the English to Latin side (In Dog We Trust/ In Canine We Trust etc). Ultimately, we don't want to be handing out coins/ or getting a uniform patch with the complete incorrect slogan.

Aurifex

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

The Latin you cite is very faulty. Can you confirm where you have seen it, or better still post a picture of the original source?

Aurifex

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

Thanks a lot. That's very interesting, but also unfortunate. I think you need to quietly consign those badges to storage.
The simplest way of saying in Latin "We trust in (our) dogs" or "In (our) dogs we trust" would be:
canibus confidimus
There are alternatives though depending on your requirements. Please let us know.

BrockmanT

Thank you. Only one of those coins are ours. Weve got Prior Marines, Air Force etc K9 members and we simply just took prior units slogans and moved it over to our Dept Coin. The reason I have come here is because obviously I have a tattoo in an honor of my K9 Partner and am brainstorming things to go with it, as I already have the TEAM LOGO (no words-no Latin) on my arm.

Probably won't use the canibus confidimus because Canibus reminds me to much of CANNABIS, one of the narcotics my dog detects.

I greatly appreciate and have come to the realization Latin may not be the easiest to put onto the tattoo due to translation issues.

Ultimately like stated above I guess In Canes Confiderus simply won't work. Hmmmmmm

I can take this over to English- Latin side but while I'm here, what about GUARDIANS OF THE NIGHT.