Inconsistency

Etaoin Shrdlu

μεσσηγυδορποχέστης
Is anyone else mildly bothered when they see that it's 'Latin Forums' in the top bar, but 'Latin Fora' on the bar on the white bit? No, I didn't think so. Well, you will be now.

Etaoin Shrdlu

μεσσηγυδορποχέστης
Both 'Latin Forums' and 'Latin Fora' are in English. They can't very well be Latin, can they?

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima
Is anyone else mildly bothered when they see that it's 'Latin Forums' in the top bar, but 'Latin Fora' on the bar on the white bit? No, I didn't think so. Well, you will be now.
I've noticed this before and found it inconsistent, but not annoyingly so ;)

Aurifex

Aedilis
Staff member
A lot of the shop-front material on the forum was put together (probably quite quickly) many years ago by people who are largely no longer with us. I don't think anyone would argue with the claim that in places it would benefit from a rewrite.

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
Personally I'd never noticed that forums-fora thing. I don't find it particularly annoying. They're both perfectly valid variants, and why couldn't you alternate as you feel like, after all?

cinefactus

Censor
Staff member
I changed some of them. Let me know if you find any that annoy you.

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
I somehow liked it better when it said "forums" up there ...

LCF

One of "those" people
It should say "Categories" or "Topics", not forums... This IS a forum. One forum.

cinefactus

Censor
Staff member
I thought it was a German typo, ‘cause here we ask the big questions, or Warums, of this world.

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
I don't miss the button, but I'm kind of visually disturbed by the shrinking of it. :D

Etaoin Shrdlu

μεσσηγυδορποχέστης
The inconsistency didn't really bother me as such, but the Home button did, because we've all clicked absent-mindedly on it, and now it's gone.

I can't believe other people aren't loudly celebrating this.

Last edited:

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
A Pyrrhus victory ... I need to get used to the "Fora" button now.