Interesting/Funny Dreams

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
Why? Are they nightmares? Or do you just find them boring or stupid?

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
Stupid.

I haven't had any real nightmare in years, I think.

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
Or maybe I did ... it's so hard to remember them.

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
Most of my nightmares ended up with me falling into my death somewhere somehow, as far as I can remember.

Terry S.

Quaestor
Staff member
I have forgotten most of my latest dream, but I remember that at some point I was with some people in a room that was cold and, as I pleaded for the window to be shut and the heat to be turned on, the others told me we couldn't do that because the heat would be detected by zombies outside and attract them.
Well, if it's brains they're after, you'd be like a Michelin 5 star treat!

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
Most of my nightmares ended up with me falling into my death somewhere somehow, as far as I can remember.
I've had many like that, too. I think it's a common thing.
Well, if it's brains they're after, you'd be like a Michelin 5 star treat!
More realistically perhaps one or two stars?

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
If we assume that 0 stars is everything from mentally disabled to your average dumb-ish guy and five stars is, like, Stephen Hawking or Leonardo da Vinci.

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima
I think you would count as at least four stars, maybe four and a half. :)

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
:hysteric:

Only one star or half a star below Stephen Hawking and Leonardo da Vinci?

I wish, but come on! :hysteric:

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
Hm, well, if you say so... Thanks.

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
Kind of true for the fields you're good at and interested in.

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
Well, that's hardly surprising.

To return to the matter of dreams, I have again forgotten much of what I last dreamt, but I remember this bit: I was lying on a bed outdoors, watching the sky, and two squadrons of planes flew in one direction, then made a sharp u-turn. Then, somehow, there was a triangle in the sky, and two planes flew down the sides of it, then back up again, and collided at the top and exploded. I could somehow hear some kind of radio communication about the movements of the planes, and it or some of it was in iambic pentameter. I was afraid that debris of the planes would fall down on me and I pulled the quilt over myself in hopes it would provide some protection. I thought about getting up and running away, still with the quilt over me.

I think this bit of dream must have been caused by 09/11.

Etaoin Shrdlu

μεσσηγυδορποχέστης
I rarely remember my dreams, but after 9/11 I had a series of dreams where planes were crashing unexpectedly in my vicinity. One dream was particularly memorable, because it was the only dream I've ever had (at least that I recall) which was set in the past. I was in lower Manhattan just before the first plane hit, and because I had somehow got there from the future, I knew what would happen. But I thought that there was no point in going into the WTC and warning people, because they would have regarded me as a random nutter. So I just walked as swiftly as I could away from the area. I woke up before anything actually happened.

Terry S.

Quaestor
Staff member
Dreams in another language are always a pleasure.

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
I dreamt I was about to get married. My mother had somehow managed to arrange a marriage between me and an actor who plays in the soap opera I mentioned earlier in the thread. It was kind of a forced marriage, or, well, at the very least it was an arranged marriage, not one I had chosen myself. I felt ambivalent about it. On the one hand, I had met the guy after the marriage was arranged and I kind of liked him, though I wasn't exactly in love with him, and I thought I might never get any better chance anyway. On the other hand, I wasn't sure marriage was for me at all and I still hardly knew the guy — I remember I told my mother "OK, the character he plays in the series is a nice guy, but we don't know that it's the case of the actor himself. we don't know him. He might turn out a bastard who'll beat me or something." Still, I remember that I fretted a lot over being ready for the wedding night (over suitable underwear etc.)

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima
I've definitely had similar dreams -- about either an arranged marriage, or a marriage to a guy who I barely knew and had only dated for a very short while. I can't ever remember fretting over my wedding-night underwear though ;) :p