Interesting/Funny Dreams

rothbard

Civis Illustris
Staff member
Last night I dreamt I was watching a documentary on the life of Herbert von Karajan, the conductor. At some point it mentioned that Karajan had been a guest in Hitler's bunker until the end. Apparently he never revealed how he managed to make his escape from there, and it remained a complete mystery.

Etaoin Shrdlu

μεσσηγυδορποχέστης
That sounds like something you could turn into a play . The internet tells me that Karajan left Berlin for Milan in February 1945, but it's probably not too hard to cast doubt on the veracity of the story, if you want to pretend it was concocted to cover up the rather sensational truth. You'd have to come up with a story of how he did in fact escape, but I'm sure someone with more imagination than I (which is virtually everyone) would have a chance of doing so.

rothbard

Civis Illustris
Staff member
I dreamt I'd gone on a business trip somewhere in central Europe. At the end my secretary told me she'd called a taxi to get us back to London, and it would reach us in three days. When I asked her why she hadn't called one three days earlier, she didn't have an answer. I was really upset at wasting so much time, so I told her she was fired. At the end I said "Go home!". Then I got worried this might be taken as a racist remark.

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
I can see how this must have been a nightmare for you.

Terry S.

Quaestor
Staff member
Dreamed I was in the garden of the house I was (mostly) brought up in, lying on the grass. A cloud of starlings right above me were doing their evening acrobatics as they blocked out the light and prepared to settle on their roost. I grabbed a board to cover myself and shouted to my father to get in the kitchen door, expecting a literal shite storm to rain down on us. (Cf. Stephen in Braveheart with the English arrows.) As "things" began to rattle down my mother walked out and told me that I didn't need to shelter. What was coming down was only seeds. The government had decided to reseed the whole country to encourage biodiversity and were dropping seeds from planes flying so high we couldn't see them.

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
I dreamed that I had bought a novel in English, but the blurb or a postface (I'm not sure which; the details are fuzzy) said that it had been translated from Latin and I thought "Crap, if I'd known, I'd have bought the original". But when I did come across the original or part thereof (again, I don't remember the details very well) it looked like some sort of Old French poetry.

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
It involved almost killing a woman ... in a hospital ... with not doctors around ... and I went back using some red berries that could talk and would complain whenever I opened the box they were in ... and the actual reason I went back was to catch the red cat, which was severely injured in the incident with the other woman, but it actually made no sense to go back in time to do that.

Terry S.

Quaestor
Staff member
Lockdown will be over by the summer. Hang in there.