Is there any way to abbreviate magna cum laude?

Alexius

Hello, ladies and getns :)

I just have a question. I have been given a chance to present my name, year of graduation and subject of graduation with added honors. I received the magna cum laude title in biology from the university, which I attended. I have two lines and my name, last name and year of graduation barely fit the minimum required for first line (20 characters and spaces). The same is required of the second line, but I cannot add my honors in Latin. It's just too much. Is there any way to abbreviate the honors title?

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

why not MCL?

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I think there must be some medieval abreviations you could use, but I don't know much about it (cum = cu with a macron on the u... That's only one letter spared... :D. For magna and laude, no idea.) Cinefactus would know maybe...?

Aurifex

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

I think there is considerable latitude in forming abbreviations. I suppose the important thing is that they should be readily interpretable.
It'd be interesting, Alexius, to see the rest of your Latin translation.

Iordanus

Apparently MCL is fine for MAGNA CVM LAVDE, but there are lots of different other things that can share the same abbreviation...

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Agree. I think it should stay comprehensible to someone who knows some Latin (and knows or can guess common abreviations...), that's why I thought of medieval abbreviations rather than "MCL".

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

I think there must be some medieval abreviations you could use, but I don't know much about it (cum = cu with a macron on the u... That's only one letter spared... :D. For magna and laude, no idea.) Cinefactus would know maybe...?
We still write c with a tilde to mean cum.
I don't know of any standard abbreviations for the other two.

Alexius

Guys, I am going to go with BIOLOGY M. CVM LAVDE

This is exactly 20 characters with spaces and everything :D
And thanks for all the help. I was trying to get most of the letters in there, so I thought you get the cum laude and the only difference between the three is cum laude, magna cum laude and summa cum laude. So an an m. and s. would be enough. And looks like it works good and it is exactly 20 characters, nothing more or less :peace: