Tattoo " It does not matter what happened in the past, it's (the past) gone forever".

Illuminatus.

Hi.

I want to have this tatoo as I had some traumatic events in my life, so I want to remind me that it does not matter what happened In the past because it's gone for all eternity.

Thanks,
Shahar.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

It does not matter what happened in the past, it's (the past) gone forever".
Ah, but my above translation means that what happened in the past is gone forever, rather than that the past is gone forever.

Then I guess I would change it to: Non refert quae in praeteritis facta sint: illa perierunt in aeternum.

Of course, it's ambiguous as to what the subject of "is gone" is (the past or the things that happened in the past), but so is the English. If you want to make it unambiguous, you have to state "the past is gone forever": praeterita perierunt in aeternum.

Illuminatus.

Ah, but my above translation means that what happened in the past is gone forever, rather than that the past is gone forever.

Then I guess I would change it to: Non refert quae in praeteritis facta sint: illa perierunt in aeternum.

Of course, it's ambiguous as to what the subject of "is gone" is (the past or the things that happened in the past), but so is the English. If you want to make it unambiguous, you have to state "the past is gone forever": praeterita perierunt in aeternum.
Thank you for the translation.
I want to make it clear that the past is gone forever, so the full sentence will be :

" Non refert quae in praeteritis facta sint: praeterita perierunt in aeternum" ?.