Język Polski

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

This has been around for years, it seems, but I only became aware of it when a pub where the soundtrack is often entirely blues had it on, for some reason. Thanks to the miracle of Shazam I could identify it instantly, which was handy, because nobody around was likely to know. It's probably not a bad way to do a bit of language practice, though I confess I needed the subtitles. But then I often have trouble with English lyrics.

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

Nope, never encountered, but then I never stayed on the train that ran from Rotterdam to Moscow as far as the CCCP.

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

No, but I saw the film Yesterday, in vaguely Polish Beatle-related news.

Adrian

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Father Jan Twardowski (Polish priest and poet); even if someone is agnostic or atheist; his lyrics are deep and meaningful

Śpieszmy się (Let's Hurry Up)

Annie Kamieńskiej (for Anna Kamieńska)

Spieszmy się kochać ludzi tak szybko odchodzą (Let's hurry up with loving the people they pass away so quickly)
zostaną po nich buty i telefon głuchy (the boots and the silent phone wil be left after them)
tylko to co nieważne jak krowa się wlecze (only that what's unimportant lumps along like a cow)
najważniejsze tak prędkie ze nagle się staje (that what's the most important is so rapid that it becomes suddenly)
potem cisza normalna więc całkiem nieznośna (then the silence which is ordinary so quite unendurable)
jak uroczystość urodzona najprościej z rozpaczy (like the ceremony born in the easiest way out of despair)
kiedy myślimy o kimś zostając bez niego (when we thnk about somebody being left without him/her)

Nie bądź pewny że czas masz bo pewność niepewna (Don't be sure that you have the time cause the certainty is uncertain)
zabiera nam wrażliwość tak jak każde szczęście (takes the sensitivity from us just like the every happiness)
przychodzi jednocześnie jak patos i humor (it comes at the same time like the pathos and the humor)
jak dwie namiętności wciąż słabsze od jednej (like two passions still weaker than one)
tak szybko stad odchodzą jak drozd milkną w lipcu (they go away from here so quickly like a thrush they become silent in july)
jak dźwięk trochę niezgrabny lub jak suchy ukłon (like a bit clunky sound or like a stark nod)
żeby widzieć naprawdę zamykają oczy (they close their eyes to really see)
chociaż większym ryzykiem rodzić się nie umierać (though the bigger risk is to be born not to die)
kochamy wciąż za mało i stale za późno (we always love too little and always too late)

Nie pisz o tym zbyt często lecz pisz raz na zawsze (Don't write about it too often but write once for all)
a będziesz tak jak delfin łagodny i mocny (and you'll be gentle and strong like a dolphin)

Spieszmy się kochać ludzi tak szybko odchodzą (Let's hurry to love the people they go away so quickly)
i co co nie odchodzą nie zawsze powrócą (and the ones who don't go away won't be always coming back)
i nigdy nie wiadomo mówiąc o miłości (and you never know talking about love)
czy pierwsza jest ostatnia czy ostatnia pierwsza (is the first one the last one or ir the last one the first one)

Bestiola

Nequissima

• Civis Illustris

• Sacerdos Isidis

Father Jan Twardowski (Polish priest and poet); even if someone is agnostic or atheist; his lyrics are deep and meaningful

Śpieszmy się (Let's Hurry Up)

Annie Kamieńskiej (for Anna Kamieńska)

Spieszmy się kochać ludzi tak szybko odchodzą (Let's hurry up with loving the people they pass away so quickly)
zostaną po nich buty i telefon głuchy (the boots and the silent phone wil be left after them)
tylko to co nieważne jak krowa się wlecze (only that what's unimportant lumps along like a cow)
najważniejsze tak prędkie ze nagle się staje (that what's the most important is so rapid that it becomes suddenly)
potem cisza normalna więc całkiem nieznośna (then the silence which is ordinary so quite unendurable)
jak uroczystość urodzona najprościej z rozpaczy (like the ceremony born in the easiest way out of despair)
kiedy myślimy o kimś zostając bez niego (when we thnk about somebody being left without him/her)

Nie bądź pewny że czas masz bo pewność niepewna (Don't be sure that you have the time cause the certainty is uncertain)
zabiera nam wrażliwość tak jak każde szczęście (takes the sensitivity from us just like the every happiness)
przychodzi jednocześnie jak patos i humor (it comes at the same time like the pathos and the humor)
jak dwie namiętności wciąż słabsze od jednej (like two passions still weaker than one)
tak szybko stad odchodzą jak drozd milkną w lipcu (they go away from here so quickly like a thrush they become silent in july)
jak dźwięk trochę niezgrabny lub jak suchy ukłon (like a bit clunky sound or like a stark nod)
żeby widzieć naprawdę zamykają oczy (they close their eyes to really see)
chociaż większym ryzykiem rodzić się nie umierać (though the bigger risk is to be born not to die)
kochamy wciąż za mało i stale za późno (we always love too little and always too late)

Nie pisz o tym zbyt często lecz pisz raz na zawsze (Don't write about it too often but write once for all)
a będziesz tak jak delfin łagodny i mocny (and you'll be gentle and strong like a dolphin)

Spieszmy się kochać ludzi tak szybko odchodzą (Let's hurry to love the people they go away so quickly)
i co co nie odchodzą nie zawsze powrócą (and the ones who don't go away won't be always coming back)
i nigdy nie wiadomo mówiąc o miłości (and you never know talking about love)
czy pierwsza jest ostatnia czy ostatnia pierwsza (is the first one the last one or ir the last one the first one)
That's pretty - reminds me of one Queen's song:

In my defense what is there to say
All the mistakes we made must be faced today
It's not easy now knowing where to start
While the world we love tears itself apart
I'm just a singer with a song
How can I try to right the wrong
For just a singer with a melody
I'm caught in between
With a fading dream

In my defense what is there to say
We destroy the love - it's our way
We never listen enough never face the truth
Then like a passing song
Love is here and then it's gone

For just a singer with a melody
I'm caught in between
With a fading dream

I'm just a singer with a melody
I'm caught in between with a fading dream
Caught in between with a fading dream
Caught in between with a fading dream

Oh what on earth
Oh what on earth
How do I try
Do we live or die

Oh help me God
Please help me

Last edited:

Adrian

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Zdrowych i spokojnych Świąt Bożego Narodzenia! Spędźmy ten wspaniały czas z naszymi bliskimi! Przede wszystkim życzę wszystkim zdrowia! Niech Mikołaj będzie chojny i przyniesie nam to co chcemy.

1640319615128.png