Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

np

R. Seltza

Magnus Oculus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Pacifica, I'm curious as to what kind of practice problems you'd include in an intermediate-to-advanced version of your Latin book. By any chance, could you post some examples?

B

Bitmap

He said that this father said that he had asked him what his duties are.

D

Deleted member 13757

Whose father? His who said? And who asked who? o_O

PS: I think sadists teachers like that exist.

D

Deleted member 13757

dixit hunc patrem dixisse se/eum de officiis suis/eius rogasse

D

Deleted member 13757

"If you close your eye for a moment and than cover them with your hands to induce total darkness, while applying slight pressure, you might see pretty patterns."

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

The devil in that sentence is the word "pattern", but maybe something like this would do:

Si paulisper oculos clausos manibus operueris ita, ut tenebras altissimas inducas, simul aliquantum opprimens, fieri potest ut iucundas quasi figuras videas.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Pacifica, I'm curious as to what kind of practice problems you'd include in an intermediate-to-advanced version of your Latin book. By any chance, could you post some examples?
Among other things, there would probably be "pick-the-right-forms" exercises like those I often posted in the Language Quiz game, e.g.: THREAD: the-language-quiz

I suppose I may put some of these in the beginner-to-intermediate book too, actually, but with simpler texts.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 13757

The devil in that sentence is the word "pattern", but maybe something like this would do:

Si paulisper oculos clausos manibus operueris ita, ut tenebras altissimas inducas, simul aliquantum opprimens, fieri potest ut iucundas quasi figuras videas.
This could be an on going game

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

There's no rule as to length. We can always use short ones.