Latin phrase for a professor's personalized mug

A

Anonymous

I hope I am not stepping outside my bounds by asking this sort of question but here goes: Over the summer a professor held a Latin class for free for those of us who really wanted to take her course but didn't have the necessary second year of Latin yet. She was amazing and I want to get her a nice gift as thanks. I thought of making a personalized cup with a fitting Latin phrase on it which seems to be a good idea but needs the substance behind the idea. Does anyone have any common Latin phrases or quotes which would fit in this situation? Otherwise I am leaning towards: The stylus to blank slates. However, I am not sure if I would use the dative construction for it like this: stylus tabulae rasae. My other thought was "you are the stylus, we are the blank slates": tu stylus, nos, tabulae rasae. Any comments or critiques are much appreciated!

Iynx

Consularis

• Consularis

I don't think there's anything wrong with your Latin.

But if you wanted something a little lighter, you might go with

Nunc est bibendum.

This has both classical resonances (Horace: Carmina I: 37) and medieval-- I've heard stories about monks scribbling this, or an equivalent phrase, in the margin after a day's tedious copying.

And it is a cup, after all.