Liber or Codex

Which is the best Latin word for book to use in the following sentence?

Apollo, domine solis, magister scientia, domine mi; obsecro te. Da mihi potestatem inscribendi animum meum in librum/codicem.

Apollo, lord of the sun, master of knowledge, my lord; I implore you. Grant me the power of inscribing my consciousness into a book.

Iáson

Cívis Illústris
Interesting one. As far as I know, a códex is a specifically bound book, as opposed to a volúmen or 'roll of writing' (that is, a scroll). A liber is a book in the more abstract sense, i.e. 'work of literature', or a division or chapter of a work.

So I imagine that, if you choose liber, your consciousness would be written into the work itself - perhaps so that if a scribe copied the same words into a different volúmen or códex, your consciousness would also be transferred. If you choose volúmen or códex, the consciousness will be in that specific physical book or scroll.

I'm not sure whether the word for 'book' (whichever you choose) should be in the ablative or accusative. Normally the ablative would be used with inscríbó, but the idea of inscribing consciousness into a book is not something I've come across before. Perhaps if the idea is that you are transferring the consciousness from your mind into the book, the accusative (of motion into) might be appropriate; if you are creating a copy of your soul, the ablative.

Incidentally 'master of knowledge' is magister scientiae.

This is the description of the the spell in the Mage source book, let me know if this helps.

This practice dates back to Atlantean times, though the nature
of the spell has changed through the ages. A mage nearing the
end of his life would create a scroll (or, in later times, a book)
that contained his very essence, written in Atlantean runes.
The mage’s consciousness is copied into the book, allowing
the willworker a form of immortality.

So would this be accurate then?
Apollo, domine solis, magister scientiae, domine mi; obsecro te. Da mihi potestatem inscribendi animum meum in codice.
Apollo, lord of the sun, master of knowledge, my lord; I implore you. Grant me the power of inscribing my consciousness into a book.