Mediaeval line of a sermon

Big Ups

Factum est, pralium etc. Post pugnam angelorum duplicem factam in coelo
empyreo, dicere pollicitus sum de eorum pugna atque repugnantia in coelo aereo vel ecclesiastico.

And there was a battle (Rev 12:7)... After the twofold battle of the angles in the fiery heaven finished, I promised to speak regarding their battle and resistence in the airy heavens or even (vel as adv) in the church member / person of the church.

I know I've done something wrong here as the two clauses of the sentence seem disconnected. Perhaps I haven't rendered polliceor correctly. The sermon takes its reference from a battle in the Book of Revelation and uses it to talk about the spiritual battles of individuals. Thanks for the help

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

It's only towards the end that you went very wrong: in coelo aereo vel ecclesiastico means "in the airy or ecclesiastical heaven".

Post pugnam angelorum duplicem factam in coelo empyreo is literally "After the twofold battle of angels done in the empyrean heaven", but in English the "done" is unnecessary. In English, the prepositional phrase "in the empyrean heaven" can modify the noun "battle" directly, while in Latin it can't and some verbal element like the participle factam is required.

The empyrean heaven is the highest part of heaven. I believe the airy one is the lower part, surrounding the earth, and the ecclesiastical heaven is the Church conceived of as a metaphorical heaven.