Live Latin Chat / Latin IRC channel

Godmy

A Monkey
So, what may in the learning curves of modern languages equal to "having a conversation with the native speakers", in Latin the "conversation with the natives" really just means reading the Romans : ) That needs to be realized across the chatting communities where oblivious beginners come :)

Godmy

A Monkey
And what in the learning curves of the modern languages equals to "listening to the language in order to learn the pronunciation" will ultimately in Latin equal to "listening to yourself as you read your Latin ALOUD slowly but paying the utmost attention to the correct pronunciation of consonants, vowels and their qualities and quantities".

But I'm not joking, my pronunciation has improved incredibly after I did hours upon hours of this kind of LOUD reading, I then later felt as if my own voice resounded in my head when I attempted to read something new using the correct way of reading (or more correct than before when I didn't care about pronunciation much) => I suddenly was able to imitate my former self! Listening to oneself really can have an effect and it's a giant difference from just "reading it silently or in your mind".

Godmy

A Monkey
that's weird ... not only do they misgender locus, I don't even know any language where a toilet would be called 'secret place' ...
They don't misgender it, I just didn't bother to correct a typo in I.'s post : ) The phrase is used often in some neo-latin publications, maybe also some books (Harrius Potter), so it's not entirely their fabrication...

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
Is that some sort of acronym?

I'm not sure how to put that in a charming way ... "The method you present proposes neologisms that make no sense at all, but I appreciate the effort." ?!