Inspirational Live without regrets

m_life

Hi there, I'm wanting to get a tattoo done on my forearm but I want it in latin as I love the language but unfortunatly didn't have time to study it...
This phrase means a lot to me and I'm looking for a rough translation not an exact cause I know its not alway possible, aslong as it more or less means the same I'm happy
I'd like the following translated
'If your heart filled with faith then you can't fail'
I used one of them online translators which gave me nothing but crap, but im sure one of you highly experienced members can help me :) thanks alot

PLEASE TAKE NOTE THAT I HAVE CHANGED WHAT I WOULD LIKE TRANSLATING TO 'LIVE WITHOUT REGRETS'

B

Bitmap

I'll take first stab

si cor plenum fidei est, falli non potes

QMF

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

You can't be deceived? I'm not quite sure how to do this properly but that doesn't seem right. The rest looks fine.

m_life

Hmmm is there anyway to shorten it down a bit but still mean more or less the same thing??

QMF

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

His word "falli" means not "to fail" but rather "to be deceived." He was suggesting that I find another verb. I think I have one: deficere, which would go in place of falli (with no other alterations needed). Any thoughts, Bitmap?

B

Bitmap

It's weird, but I don't know a good word for "to fail". I know deficere to be "to run out of something" (and animo deficere "to lose one's courage"), so I'm not entirely sure about this word.

I was initially thinking about errare, but that fails to express "to fail" properly as well :-(

QMF

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

WORDS also is suggesting delinquo, but this can also mean to "commit a crime" or "transgress" (quotes from my paper dictionary). The ambiguity might not be quite acceptable there...

Failing a person, according to my dictionary, is desum+dat., (meaning "tibi desum" is "I fail you" or perhaps "I failed you" depending on how the idiom works) but that's not failing

Yeah this is looking like deficere is the best word here. It's intransitive when used this way though, so I don't think you can, for example, write "defeci vincere".

Though my paper dictionary is also suggesting cado, which I suppose would be a reasonable extension from the words literal meaning...again, thoughts?

m_life

Hmmm if this is becoming difficult to translate what about something a little more simpler then? For the size font I'm wanting the maxium amount of words my tattooest suggests 5 so what about for instance 'live with no regrets' Is that any easier to translate?
I realy appriciate the help and effort going into this :)

m_life

Ok as I understand trying to translate certain words seem difficult....
I'd like to change what I want translating,
I'd like to have 'LIVE WITHOUT REGRET' so can anyone do this as I need to take in the design in asap
My regards

m_life

BUMP!
Anyone who can help me out here?
Like I stated the translation has changed to 'Live without regrets'
Once again much appriciated :)

Imber Ranae

Ranunculus Iracundus

• Civis Illustris

This one's actually been done before. See here.

QMF

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Speaking to one person, it means "live without regret."