Manga & Anime

Adrian

Civis Illustris
There are some good animes directed by Satoshi Kon

Tokyo Godfathers (2003)

Millenium Actress (2001)

Also a very good but rather niche anime movie Jin Roh: The Wolf Brigade (1999) - anime is great IMO ,

AoM

nulli numeri
ego quoque Kimetsu no Yaiba soleō spectāre, etsī nōndum recentiōra epīsodia vīdī.

fateor autem et JoJo et Beserk mihi nōn multum placēre. seriēs secunda Beserkis praesertim erat pessima; post prīmum epīsodium cessī. sed fortasse rēs aliae mihi placent quam vōbīs in animē; praelātae seriēs mihi Kino no Tabi (antīqua) et Mushishi.
You're referring to the 2016 anime of Berserk? Manga is really the only way to go, though the '97 adaptation has its moments.

Adrian

Civis Illustris
For those who like supernatural - I can recommend Hellsing manga + OVA Hellsing Ultimate

I think this manga has really original story concept.

Damn, definitely Hellsing Ultimate / Hellsing Anime has one of the Best Soundtracks ever (for anime of course)

Hemo Rusticus

Jive Turkey
Even after many years, my collection is still a modest one, but to be 'selective' ain't so bad:
IMG_0047[1].JPG
IMG_0046[1].JPG

AoM

nulli numeri
Nice seeing ATLA. I still need to pick up the Blu-ray.

Adrian

Civis Illustris

Adrian

Civis Illustris
In my humble opinion the whole anime / manga rise to prominence in Japan and later Europe began in 1988 when Akira anime was released.
Anime was based on manga from 1982 of the same title.
Must see for all fans of postapocalyptic cyberpunk genre.

Hemo Rusticus

Jive Turkey
Sounds about right. It was, as I recall, by a wide margin the most expensive thing ever drawn. Ran at 24 fps, which means something like 200 thousand hand-drawn cells, and the proof is in the pudding, my friend.

The Animatrix also has some of the most stunning animation (drawn & digitally rendered) I've ever seen, specially considering its age (2003) & budget (if a reddit nerd's guess of around two million dollars is near the mark).

Adrian

Civis Illustris
Sounds about right. It was, as I recall, by a wide margin the most expensive thing ever drawn. Ran at 24 fps, which means something like 200 thousand hand-drawn cells, and the proof is in the pudding, my friend.
Even today, after more than 30 years it is still impressive,

Just remembered something - a beutiful historical drama anime movie The Wind Rises 2013 (from Ghibli Studio)

Forgot to mention - really good manga series Fullmetal Alchemist
Fullmetal123.jpg

I

Hemo Rusticus

Jive Turkey
Adrian dixit:
Just remembered something - a beutiful historical drama anime movie The Wind Rises 2013 (from Ghibli Studio)
And another tear-squeezer. :browaction1:
Saw that one in a theater.

Adrian

Civis Illustris
I did mention earlier, I like Gunnm aka Battle Angel Alita
a really easy-reading nice cyberpunk / postapocalyptic / dystopia manga

Battle_Angel_Alita_(issue_1_-_cover).jpg

in 1993 they made an original video adaptation (not too bad either)
BAOAV_DVD.jpg

in 2019 Rodrigues did a "Action Movie based on Gunnm" - INHO this was a profanation but some actually like it... de gustibus...

BTW. Hemo Rusticus that hat - nice touch Bro!
Deberías cambiar tu título a "rudo hijo de puta"

Hemo Rusticus

Jive Turkey
You know I always dig a robobabe. Reminds me of Gunbuster, the animators of which, though quite talented, have no shame whatever about their fondness of the 'female form'. But then, that's about 99.9% of all anime, past & present.
Deberías cambiar tu título a "rudo hijo de puta"
En eso voy a pensar.

Adrian

Civis Illustris
Another classic samurai manga is Kozure Ōkami, with charcoal illustrations that'll knock you off your ass.
got my hands on first volume (Darkhorse Translated edition). Nice manga indeed. Gracias amigo.

Hemo Rusticus

Jive Turkey
Lovely folk song used in a powerful scene in SAMURAI CHAMPLOO. Singer grew up in the southern Amami islands, in the Ryūkyū, where the character Mugen was supposed to be from. There are presumably dialect features, but I don't know enough Japanese (or Ryukyuan) to recognize them.