Manga & Anime

Issacus Divus

ᛋᚢᚾᚢ ᚱᛖᛟᚱᛞᚲᚤᚾᛁᚾᚷᚨᛋ
Lol, the Castle.

Laurentius

Man of Culture
Very true. The predominant native sickness, which all of the problems we've mentioned seem to have in common, is a type of solipsism quite different from what is typical in the west, or at least of Americans who spend virtually every moment of their lives competing one with the other, not to be the best or most successful, but rather the most recognizable/heard-of, the trendiest, the most 'household'. It's a contest to see who can get the most subs/likes, & whatever is considered to be the 'real-world equivalent' of those, over the most mundane horseshit, whether it's singing covers of bad songs, doing backflips off the walls of office buildings, or doing your makeup like a psychopath with nothing but free time. :vomit:

Is there a lesser evil? I wish.
In my opinion it's literally the same thing, infact it's spreading like wildfire in the West too.

Hemo Rusticus

J. Wellington Wimpy
In my opinion it's literally the same thing, infact it's spreading like wildfire in the West too.
Where will we find refuge, when east and west are both kaput? The North Pole?

Hemo Rusticus

J. Wellington Wimpy
So I was really wanting to get a hold of this show, both because I really like the Lupin franchise & because it's made by the same woman as directed the phenomenal anime Michiko and Hatchin (as a result of which she was given this project in the first place), which we've mentioned here.

I saw that the cheapest option on Amazon was $90 (for a single dvd), so I thought 'eh, maybe some other time'... But then I looked up the motherf$!&ing soundtrack, boys, and my fate was sealed.

Indulge me & listen to this 10-second little thing that plays when you see Ishikawa Goemon (XIII) for the first time...

Attachments

Hemo Rusticus

J. Wellington Wimpy
It's a goddamn shamisen... & a blues piano riff... I very nearly cried.

Hemo Rusticus

J. Wellington Wimpy
Hell, I'll buy the soundtrack too. Jazzo-Japanese fusion? Here, take my money.

Issacus Divus

ᛋᚢᚾᚢ ᚱᛖᛟᚱᛞᚲᚤᚾᛁᚾᚷᚨᛋ

Hemo Rusticus

J. Wellington Wimpy
Ergo Proxy was a very cool show, with a pathetically bad ending. Stylish intro & outro, solid English voice cast, plenty of left-field shit. Cyberpunk meets gothica.

Adrian

Civis Illustris
I am currently watching Netflix's 7Seeds.
Must admit the concept of the anime is original.

Issacus Divus

ᛋᚢᚾᚢ ᚱᛖᛟᚱᛞᚲᚤᚾᛁᚾᚷᚨᛋ
Mmm, interesting! A heroine that is naturally fierce. It's so great to see that.

Hemo Rusticus

J. Wellington Wimpy
There's this shōnen anime I've been wanting to re-watch (saw it when I was 18), sort of a more stylish and light-hearted version of Evangelion, and it's just what the doctor ordered. I had yesterday off for Thanksgiving, so I lounged harder than most men dare. I'm on episode 21, and not sick of it.

It's a little ooey-gooey, I admit, but dammit if it don't look so good!
Image result for eureka seven

Hemo Rusticus

J. Wellington Wimpy
Art looks good!

Hemo Rusticus

J. Wellington Wimpy
Man, Netflix is really crankin' 'em out in the 'animu' department. The above is like watching a show entirely made of Street Fighter V cinematics.

Hemo Rusticus

J. Wellington Wimpy
Even the sound effects are the same.