Manga & Anime

Hemo Rusticus

Lounge Lizard
Shit that looks awesome!

I mighta seen that trailer in a DVD I had, for GitS:SAC or something.

Hemo Rusticus

Lounge Lizard
Crunchyroll recently produced their own show, an adaptation of a manga called Tower of God. I'm on the fence 'cause it looks so powerfully derivative, but some of the art looks mad phresh, dawg.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú
In that classic 80's style, yessir.

Iáson

Cívis Illústris
"derivative" is just what one expects in anime nowadays. I'm not terribly optimistic about the Spring season.

Hemo Rusticus

Lounge Lizard
Alas, 'tis but too true.

Hemo Rusticus

Lounge Lizard
On the matter of Kami no *Tō, I have passed judgement:

Acceptable! :thumb-up:

Much more tolerable than Beaucoup no Gyro despite a similar level of shōnenical nonsense ('shōnense'), with a killer graphic style & rock-solid character designs. The hero is boring, but at least he's not an effete, sniveling goody two-shoes à la Renton Thurston from Eureka 7 or Deku from the aforementioned anime about a tasty Greek dish.

*This Japanese word, I just found out, comes ultimately from Sanscrit. I'd thought maybe it was just bastardized 'tower' (through Italian or something?)

Adrian

Civis Illustris
Lily C.A.T. poster.jpg

Adrian

Civis Illustris
I was recommended an assassin lore manga titled Crying Freeman
I think the concept of this manga is quite interesting.

crying freeman.jpg

definitely a manga suited for adult readers. Artstyle is quite realistic (which I find a nice digression from mainstream moe artstyle)

017.jpg

011.jpg

019.jpg

Last edited:

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú
I just finished Samurai Champloo. How are animes allowed to be this good?

Iáson

Cívis Illústris
That looks incredibly unoriginal but at the same time extremely worth watching...

Adrian

Civis Illustris
That looks incredibly unoriginal but at the same time extremely worth watching...
I think Makoto Shinkai's directs good anime movies (I saw Garden of Words, The Place Promised in Our Early Days, Your Voice).

His latest romance movie Weathering with You
I read good reviews, perhaps I'll watch it this week.

Iáson

Cívis Illústris
I think his films are incredibly beautiful, but they lack substance. Perhaps I'm too demanding, but I think it really does make films better when they have a non-overt ideology or message behind them, even if it's something I disagree with. Shinkai's films are like wonderful dreams; vivid, amazing, engrossing, but when they are over you are left with a sense of anticlimax, as though there was something left unsaid.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú
That was well said. I agree.

Adrian

Civis Illustris

Adrian

Civis Illustris

Adrian

Civis Illustris

Adrian

Civis Illustris
Yessterday I watched first episode of Netflix's Japan Sinks 2020.
My rate - solid 8/10.