Marshal (Highest Military Rank)/Empress

To avoid being corrected on some of the spellings below, I feel it necessary to preface the post as follows: I've created a species of female-bodied hermaphrodites known as the sargon. After they evolved to become female-bodied hermaphrodites, they dropped most overt expressions of masculinity used to reference humans from their Latin language (-us, etc.) because they were no longer needed due to lack of contact with the surface world. The only things that survived the purge were most second and third declension -r and consonant-stem nouns, which they use as common nouns, because they couldn't make them feminine by changing the ending to -a. Thus, míles gregárius becoming míles gregária.

The Imperial Salakian Military has the following nine ranks: Private (Míles gregária), Corporal (Dekána), Staff Sergeant (Tessarária), Master Sergeant (Praefekta kastrénsis), Lieutenant (Tribúna mílitária), Captain (Kenturió), Brigadier (Légáta Légiónis), General (Légáta Própraetor(?)), and Marshal, of which only the first eight are available to soldiers and the final one is exclusive to the Empress. Understandably, imperátor is the only translation provided for marshal. Would it be incorrect of me to transfer that meaning onto imperátrix, considering the preface above?

I realize própraetor would have survived the purge due to being an -r stem noun, but, just for thoroughness, what would própraetor's feminine counterpart have been in Roman times? Yes, I know this isn't a translation, but it's related to the subject.

What are some translations for empress? My current translation, domina, no longer shows "empress" as a meaning in the online Latin dictionary.

Araneus

Umbraticus Lector

• Civis Illustris

Imperatrix, though very rare, is attested in Cicero (Pro Cael. 67). If you can change any second declension -us noun to -a, I don't see why you couldn't take any masculine noun ending in -tor and change it to -trix. Hence Propraetor - Propraetrix (not attested).

There is also Dominatrix of course, but that is tied up with certain other connotations now.