meruit

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

Classically I think it is e as in set, ui as in the French "oui", and a rolled r.

Iynx

Consularis

• Consularis

In my opinion ui is not properly a diphthong (except in huius, cuius, huic, cui, and hui) Ecclesiastically, the ui in other words might well be slurred into "wih" or "wee" in speech (an example, I think, of synezesis). But in song the ui definitely represents two syllables. If one tries to sing the Regina Coeli with them slurred together one finds oneself short by a syllable with every meruisti.

Quia quem meruisti [meh-roo-IS-tee]
Meruisti portare
(Alleluia!)
Resurrexit sicut dixit,
Resurrexit sicut dixit,
Alleluia!

In meruisti the stress falls on the IS because the double consonant (st) makes that syllable heavy. This is not the case with meruit, so the accent would fall on the first syllable: MEH-roo-it.

Iynx

Consularis

• Consularis

"As much as he (or she) deserves".

That really doesn't help with pronunciation. I'm ecclesiatical (mostly), and as I say, I would pronounce the word MEH-roo-it. If I were speaking rapidly, this might grade into MEHR-wit, just as in English "done to it" can become "done twit".

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

NC dixit:
Does this help? The term is quantum meruit and is is legal Latin.
Believe it or not, I do have a book on Legal Latin ;), which supports Inyx's pronounciation...