Metamorphoses II: 817

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

“hinc ego mē nōn sum nisi tē mōtūra repulsō.”

she seems to be using motura sum like movebo. How does this construction work?

AoM

nulli numeri

• Civis Illustris

Maybe the periphrasis further emphasizes the fact the she won't go away (she's intertwined in the sentence itself and surrounding nisi te).

Also, metri gratia? :mrgreen:

B

Bitmap

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. nisi (and especially non nisi) doesn't necessarily require a fully inflected sentence. Consider a sentence nemo nisi ebrius saltat. So what you have here is just a (double-) negated participle.

Also, metri gratia? :mrgreen:
Metre is always a poor excuse, especially in such cases. I mean, something super-simple like removebo instead of motura would fix it.

AoM

nulli numeri

• Civis Illustris

Metre is always a poor excuse, especially in such cases. I mean, something super-simple like removebo instead of motura would fix it.
Was hoping the emoji would convey the facetiousness.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Meter does have an influence on word choice. Even though good poets generally don't let the meter make them use wrong or ugly constructions, it still influences their choices among valid options.
I'm not entirely sure what you mean. nisi (and especially non nisi) doesn't necessarily require a fully inflected sentence. Consider a sentence nemo nisi ebrius saltat. So what you have here is just a (double-) negated participle.
Nisi refers only to te repulso. Sum motura is the verb of the entire clause (negated by non).
I mean, something super-simple like removebo instead of motura would fix it.
You'd also need something to replace the sum.