Mostellaria 3:2:1-2 Nec quod una esca me iuverit magis

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

Melius armo hoc mihi non fuit domi,
Nec quod una esca me iuverit magis

I can't figure out what function the quod performs. Nec una esca me iuverit magis seems to make better sense.

Can anyone help me out?

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Looking at the context in the next line (prandium uxor mihi perbonum dedit) I believe una esca is in the ablative of comparison, whith quod being "[anything] that".

Armo should be anno.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Though I suppose it could also be "neither [has it been the case] that one meal has done me more good", with una esca in the nominative. If I knew the meter, I could tell you, but I don't.

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

Well, anno is what most versions out there on the net have. Armo could still make sense, though. Maybe the reading is uncertain.
Thanks.

I think the copy and paste from the pdf didn't work properly. It is anno

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

Though I suppose it could also be "neither [has it been the case] that one meal has done me more good", with una esca in the nominative. If I knew the meter, I could tell you, but I don't.
I must admit the comic metres are too much for me :)
If it is this, how does the quod work? Is there something omitted?

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

If that is the correct interpretation, quod here means literally "(the fact) that" (here only a potential/non-existent fact). Nothing has been omitted, but you'd need extra words in English.

My first interpretation still feels slightly more likely, but I can't be 100% sure.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

So, I've done some search and found a source according to which these lines are in cretic dimeter with the addition of some thingummy at the end of lines (but we don't care about that since una esca isn't at the end of the line). A cretic foot is long-short-long so, if the source is correct, una esca is nominative and my second interpretation is the good one.

Nec quod u/n(a) es-ca me

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

That is what the translation on Perseus has, although I don't always agree with it!