Movies with Latin in them

kev67

Civis

• Civis

Apud Tamisem, occidens L milia passuum a Londinio
There was a bit of Latin in the film To the Devil a Daughter. Christopher Lee was being excommunicated.

Terry S.

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

There was a bit of Latin in the film To the Devil a Daughter. Christopher Lee was being excommunicated.
Not to be recommended. Most Catholics these days wouldn't know Latin from Chinese - or communion from excommunion.

Adrian

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Not to be recommended. Most Catholics these days wouldn't know Latin from Chinese - or communion from excommunion.
Most catholics I know weren't even aware latin was used in catholic church (one dude I met thaught Latin psalter was named after latin america and when I read him some latin he claimed I was speaking Spanish) A lot of catholics I know don't know any prayer or song or formulas apart from first stanca of Lord's Prayer.

Last edited:

Gregorius Textor

Animal rationale

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Pope Paul VI presented a booklet to all the bishops of the world, Jubilate Deo (1974), containing the "minimum repertoire of Gregorian chant," Latin chants that should be taught to the faithful.

Most catholics I know weren't even aware latin was used in catholic church (one dude I met thaught Latin psalter was named after latin america and when I read him some latin he claimed I was speaking Spanish) A lot of catholics I know don't know any prayer or song or formulas apart from first stanca of Lord's Prayer.
By the first stanza I assume you mean "Pater noster qui es in caelis"? I'm sure some of our people couldn't get even that far.

Terry S.

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

Pope Paul VI presented a booklet to all the bishops of the world, Jubilate Deo (1974), containing the "minimum repertoire of Gregorian chant," Latin chants that should be taught to the faithful.
Which fell as stillborn from the press as John XXIII's 'Veterum sapientia'.

kev67

Civis

• Civis

Apud Tamisem, occidens L milia passuum a Londinio
Mother Joan of the Angels (1961) has a good bit of Latin in it, particularly at the beginning. It has a lot more Polish, but the priest prays in Latin.