My Daily English-Latin Translation Is Resumed (Welcome to Comment)

Honconus

I am back to my Latin exercise after over two weeks of hard work. My goodness, l cannot help missing English-Latin translation...

16 Sept, 2020

Nature has placed mankind under the governance of two sovereign masters, pain and pleasure. It is for them alone to point out what we ought to do, as well as to determine what we shall do. On the one hand the standard of right and wrong, on the other the chain of causes and effects, are fastened to their throne. (Jeremy Bentham)

My translation:

Natura posuit humantitatem sub potestate doloris et voluptatis, quae duae potentiae validae sunt, propter quae tantum nosci debet quod faciamus et constitui quod faciemus, ad quorum regnum hinc norma discernens iustum iniustumque et illinc series causae effectique affixae sunt.

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima
Humanitas means more like "humanity" in the sense of "human nature"/"humane conduct"; it is only very rarely used of individual humans. Humanum genus would be better there.

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima
(To be clear, the rest needs some work as well, but I can't stick around for the moment. If nobody else replies I'll come back later and look at it. That was just one thing that I noticed right away.)

Honconus

(To be clear, the rest needs some work as well, but I can't stick around for the moment. If nobody else replies I'll come back later and look at it. That was just one thing that I noticed right away.)
Thanks so much, Callaina! I am looking forward to your further comments.