My Latin Exercise Book and Answer Key Are Out in Ebook Format

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

This is a bit late for you, but I've changed the cover of the Answer Key to prevent others from encountering the same issue. Thank you for alerting me to it.

If no other solution (like renaming files) is possible on your iPad, please let me know. I'll PM you then and hopefully we can find a solution for you to acquire the new version at no further cost.

Last edited:

Tironis

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

screenshot.jpg

There should be no need to rename files. Titles are clearly visible

Tironis

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Have had a long and sensible response from Sherman B, Lulu Press, Inc. to my "Ticket". They recommend Calibre and Adobe Digital Editions as well as the Firefox EPUBREADER add-on.
Quite impressed with this personal response.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

The issue has already been solved. By the way, for me:
I have a thing called "Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.11" with which I can open the files. I can open them with Sumatra PDF as well, though the formatting comes across less nicely there.

rothbard

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

My favourite e-book reader by far is EBookDroid, by the way. It works with epub, pdf and other formats. It only works on Android, however.

Tironis

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

The issue has already been solved. By the way, for me:
Yes, indeed. Excellent service from Lulu

Your ticket has now been marked Resolved. If you believe that the ticket has not been resolved, please reply to this email to automatically reopen the ticket.

Notascooby

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

I've been reluctant to ask this question because I don't want to be an annoying postist. But, ( there is always a but) I want to have a go at this exercise book. I don't have a computer, I use the one at the library, I use my phone to go online mostly.

If I buy this will I be able to use it? I am using an android phone (if that means anything).

Again I don't want to be an annoyance but at the same time I don't want to spend the money if it won't get me the thing I've paid for.

I will say that, given the creator of this(whom not only i, but all with any discernment respect), I would have paid more.

Enough of the arse kissing.

Thanks

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I have no experience with Android, so I don't know. But hopefully someone else will.

Rothbard said this, though:
My favourite e-book reader by far is EBookDroid, by the way. It works with epub, pdf and other formats. It only works on Android, however.
Which means that it's at least possible to read an ebook on an Android—but maybe you need to download that EBookDroid thing, or something like it, first.

scrabulista

Consul

• Consul

I hate to rain on Pacifica's parade but maybe the screen size of a phone is too small to effectively read an e-book? I've never tried on anything smaller than a Kindle, and I've got a dumb phone.

rothbard

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

Yes @Notascooby, I can read Pacifica's book with EBookDroid on my Android phone.
I hate to rain on Pacifica's parade but maybe the screen size of a phone is too small to effectively read an e-book? I've never tried on anything smaller than a Kindle, and I've got a dumb phone.
It looks OK on my phone, but I have always preferred larger screens. Earlier I had a Xiaomi Mi A1, now a Nokia 8.3. Even on the Xiaomi, Pacifica's book looks totally fine to me.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Lulu sometimes shares stuff with other retailers but I'm not sure. I wouldn't count on it.
Amazon took it!

As did a few other retailers (if need be, you can find them by simply typing my name and the book title in Google).

Terry S.

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

It doesn't. Bugger! :( I still have to get a copy as well.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

It's probably because I caught a missing macron somewhere and so had to upload a new version, which I guess Amazon will take a little while to pick up again. Hopefully it will be there soon. It's still available on Lulu.

Terry S.

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

I got the book on Amazon UK, so I might as well wait and get the answer book from there, too.

Godmy

Sīmia Illūstris

• Censor

I bought them both for my Kindle as a late gift for my birthday still ;) God knows I need more exercise in Latin (and some reviewing) and, judging by the bits you shared on the Facebook page, this is gold!

I'll share it on my Twitter, I've got around 200 Latin-interested followers, it seems...

Edit: oh, there's a Kindle edition on Amazon... well, whatever now. I can convert epubs to Mobi on my computer :D

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Thanks for buying, and also thank you so much for sharing! That is particularly appreciated.

As for Amazon, the answer key is no longer available there, anyway. Just because I updated the document to fix a missing macron, it's taking time for Amazon to pick up the new version again. So Lulu is the best way to go for now.

Terry S.

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

A new slogan for Amazon: Amazon, a bit slow on the uptake.