Need practice sentences

Dantius

Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris

;)

But what level do you want of sentences?

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

You want practice sentences from English to Latin?

Ok.

"Tell (sg.) me what you (sg.) think would have happened if Julius Caesar hadn't been assassinated."

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

"Please, don't (sg.) go away. What will become of me if you go?"

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I expected abieris, but I suppose abibis is permissible too. Ok.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

As the battle was about to start, the soldier was terrified. And, when he realized that he was terrified, the very fact of being terrified terrified him even more.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Well, I guess it isn't necessarily wrong. It's just that I was thinking about "was terrified" more as of a description of his state then (so imperfect) than as of an event, like fear seizing him just then (perfect).

Imperfacundus

Reprobatissimus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Eta - so terrebatur, etc.
But then that makes it sound like a process, no? I wanted territus erat but that'd make it pluperfect, I thought.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Eta - so terrebatur, etc.
But then that makes it sound like a process, no? I wanted territus erat but that'd make it pluperfect, I thought.
Yes. Territus erat sounds better to me, at first sight (and you used it later in the sentence), but with territus used as more of an adjective. To be honest, though, I don't know how common that is. Maybe we should rather use something like pavebat, but then we'd lose the repetition of the same word "terrified" that's in the original.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

"Once this man has decided to bother everyone, nothing can stop him from doing so."