nemo est qui me miserum adiuvet

Dantius

Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris

:clapping:

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

"Though greatly desirous to see you, I cannot bring myself to leave my sick wife alone to come to you."

B

Bitmap

How do you use spoiler tags? [ spoiler ] ?

quamvis te desiderem videre, commovere me nequeo, ut uxorem aegrotam tui visitandae causa relinquam

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

[ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ]

I'm not sure about commovere me. I mean, it does make some kind of sense, but I'm not sure it's the best/most idiomatic choice for this exact meaning. I would have said animum inducere.

B

Bitmap

[ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ]

I'm not sure about commovere me. I mean, it does make some kind of sense, but I'm not sure it's the best/most idiomatic choice for this exact meaning. I would have said animum inducere.

Thank you

I wasn't happy with that choice either, but for once, I didn't want to get ninja'd in a forum game ... so "... animum inducere non possum, ut uxorem aegrotam tui visitandae causa relinquam"[/quote]

Dantius

Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris

Interestingly, I found this in Gildersleeve+Lodge:

B

Bitmap

Yes ... I wanted to provide those examples as well :) Thank you for doing that for me, Dantius. I used to know that rule once, but I seem to have forgotten it :(

By the way - is it my turn to propose the next sentence or shall we wait for more translation suggestions?

Sorry for my auto correct again

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Well, initially, there isn't really anything like turns here. It was only Imperfacundus asking for practice sentences to be given him... He still hasn't translated the last one.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

No, a real translation game, where the goal is to produce good translations. :p

Click the link. I had trouble to add it so maybe you saw my post before it was added, but it's there now.