Never forgoten

Tibi

Hello everybody,

Could you please help me with a translation from English to Latin for the phrase: "Never forgotten" and "Never forget" ?
I want to make a tattoo with the translation, it's regarding my deceased brother ...

Thank you in advance !

Tibi

Thank you for your reply.
I did some searching on this forum and found this phares "Numquam obliviscendi " ... what does it exactly mean ?

Tibi

or at least a translation for the phrase above ? Google it's translating
numquam obliviscar​
to: I shall never forget.

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

Aren't all deponent gerundives passive in sense?

Imperfacundus

Reprobatissimus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

News to me, if so.
-

Ah, well, if they exist they clearly must be. The question was more about whether they existed to begin with.

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

And you in a country where people are deemed to have Miranda rights, which offers so much scope for punning. OK, it wouldn't be widely understood or very funny, but that's not the point.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Yes, deponent verbs have gerundives, and these are passive in sense.

For the OP's benefit: numquam obliviscendus means "never to be forgotten", referring to one male person; numquam obliviscendi means the same referring to several people either male or both male and female. (Perhaps this was already said in one of the links provided by Etaoin, which I was too lazy to look at, but even if it was, I figured it wouldn't do much harm to repeat it anyway.)

Otherwise, I confirm Imperfacundus's translations of "never forgotten" (if the sense is "having never been forgotten") and "never forget". However, if the latter were a command to a female, you'd need oblita instead of oblitus.
Google it's translating
numquam obliviscar​
to: I shall never forget.
For once, Google is correct.

Tibi

Hi Guys,
Thank you for the translation, it's now sitting on my right arm but i also want to have something on the left. I was thinking at "born from blood, destroyed by blood" as a translation i have found: born from blood = natus ex sanguine and destroyed by blood = sanguis corrumpitur .
Is this correct ?

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Natus ex sanguine is correct if it refers to a male, but sanguis corrumpitur not at all. Sanguine corruptus/peremptus/deletus might work (still assuming it refers to a male), but it would be good if I knew what you meant exactly by "destroyed by blood".

Tibi

Hi Pacifica,

Thank's for your reply. By destroyed by blood i am referring to killed by your own blood ... cancer ...

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I'm sorry. Sanguine peremptus should work.