Tattoo Nineties child

chaidog

Hi there everyone.

First time posting here. Very thankful for being welcome to your community and the help you offer.

This seems like a tricky one:
"nineties child" or "nineties boy".
As a child or boy that wasn't necessarily born in the nineties but lived through them as a youngster.

Not sure if there's such thing as a direct translation to specific decades in Latin. If that's the case, creative translations are welcome too.

Thank you so much!!

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

Hi,

There indeed isn't any established translation for that sort of thing, but I could propose puer decenni nonagenari, perhaps, as a kind of neologism. That's sort of like "child/boy of the decade that's related to the number ninety".

Agrippa

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

How about

„puer intra annos decem natus ante finem saeculi vicesimi“ ?

Not suitable for a tattoo:naughty:

Etaoin Shrdlu

μεσσηγυδορποχέστης

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

I don't see why not. Even a baby probably has enough skin to make it possible to tattoo this legibly. Not that I'm advocating tattooing babies, particularly with something that would not be factually accurate.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

Agrippa

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Iusto me iure reprehendis, Pacifica. Quamobrem scribere nunc malim:

“puer intra annos decem educatus ante finem saeculi vicesimi“.

chaidog

Alright, thank you all for the effort. Appreciate the creativity.
And while skin real estate is not a problem, it's gonna go on top of a small tattoo, so it should be somehow brief.
I was thinking of doing a dirty crossover that may hurt your eyes:

"XC's PVER"

Should puer go before or after in this totally wrong case? And should it be spelled puer still?

Thanks!

Agrippa

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Perhaps another solution: puer nonagesimanus ??

Cf. Latin
quartus 4th > quartanus = belonging to the 4th
quintus 5th > quintanus = belonging to the 5th
etc.
nonagesimus 90th > Why not formed on analogy *nonagesimanus = belonging to the 90th ?
(Possible objection to this artificial word *nonagesimanus: It doesn't exist in Latin litterature)

:puzzled: