Noctum spiritus domini castre homini &c.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashinai

Hi,

I'm going through a kundalini awakening where I'm chanting in different languages, sanskrit, latin and swahili without having learnt them before.

The latin I have translated through google translate, so I doubt its full accuracy on translation. I would be very grateful for your input on the different phrases below, both symbolic meaning and if they are translated correctly.

/Ashinai

Noctum spiritus domini castre homini – Spirit of the Lord is clean of Noctum
Semper cogitate virtutem sanctus spiritus – Always thinking of the power of the Holy Spirit
Divinum justitia est homini sancti ad torum sanguine - Divine justice is holy to the man of blood
esquis adeno = such a parent - phrase I used when I was thinking about how good my mother is.
im vade omni apus dote – go on, among all the dowry

scrabulista

Consul

• Consul

Is this homework? You were told to not use Google translate.

Nikolaos

schmikolaos

• Censor

Is this homework? You were told to not use Google translate.
I don't think so. If it were homework, either the English or Latin would be comprehensible. As it is, neither is correct.

To the OP: Impeccable grammar sometimes evades even those who do study Latin diligently. Chanting random Latin words without any knowledge of them will only produce gibberish.

By some accident, or perhaps because you found it already translated, the second is grammatical. It means "always consider the virtue of the Holy Ghost". Grammatically, it is a command to at least two people.

Manus Correctrix

QVAE CORRIGIT

• Civis Illustris

By some accident, or perhaps because you found it already translated, the second is grammatical. It means "always consider the virtue of the Holy Ghost".
Nope. Spiritūs is fine, but we need sancti.

Avarus

I'm going through a kundalini awakening where I'm chanting in different languages, sanskrit, latin and swahili without having learnt them before.
I can chant all kinds of different languages too without having learned of them; however, it won't be correct. If you want to chant, you should probably learn the language, or at the very least, study chants that exist and mimic them.

As for your "kundalini awakening," can't say I've ever experienced that before. The best thing that happened to me when I started meditating was that I grew less impatient at red lights in traffic.

Meditating does work though. I should do it more often.

Ashinai

Thanks for your input, I have a few specific questions, what does castre mean? Also what does the third about divine justice mean the way it is written?
esquis adeno, does it have any meaning at all? im vade omni apus dote? does it mean anything or is it as it as it is translated? if it is as translated, my guess would be that it would mean, a woman who is to go and choose between dowries.
The second one was straight from my head. I guessed that the grammar would be incorrect, but it's more the meaning I'm interested in. I have never studied latin and these phrases just popped up in my head.

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

popped up?

Ashinai

@Avarus. it's more symbolic meaning I'm interested in, there are a lot of chants that pop up in my mind that don't make any sense in the meaning that I shouldn't be able to chant them. I drew this picture a few days ago, artistically it's very mediocre, what sets it apart from other drawings is the words I've written below. Yogi is clear and self-evident, however Bhutanandi and sarat do not make any sense that I should be able to write them from my mind. Bhutanandi was a ruling clan in or close to Kashmir 20-10 BC and sarat means geographical location. For these two words to be combined straight from my head seems impossible to consider as random probability. I've never heard of or used the words before, and never had them translated into english. I looked the words up in google after I'd written them down. I wrote the words down with my left hand that is why they look so scribbly. I'm trying to access the right brain hemisphere for creative purposes, hence the left hand drawing and writing. It's an interesting question whether spirituality and the possible link to a spiritual realm is linked to the right brain hemisphere. All in all intriguing questions of life before and after this based on that I wrote down words with relative meaning without knowing them, and unusual words at that.

A kundalini awakening is very different from any kind of meditation, there's a lot of psychological and physiological things going on which is quite a book to describe. Meditation is a great exercise to calm the mind, I meditate daily. I recommend using Mala prayer beads, really focuses your thoughts on chants and mantras.

Attachments

Ashinai

@Matthaeus, yup, popped up in my head, I wrote them down, and there they were as is, some I felt were wrong, and then changed them, but that's one or two out of five or something, all the latin, sanskrit and swahili popped up in my mind from nowhere, just like the words on the attached image.

Nikolaos

schmikolaos

• Censor

Castre doesn't exist. If I were to shoehorn a meaning to it, it would be "O, Castrus", with "Castrus" being a proper name. It bears similarity to the word castrum, which means "castle" or "stronghold".

Divinum justitia est homini sancti ad torum sanguine - "A divine thing is, by justice, for a person of a saint toward the protuberance by means of blood".

Esquis adeno doesn't exist. The first word is the Spanish word for "skis", and the closest thing I can find for the second is proper name in Esperanto.

Im vade omni apus dote - "Walk, Im the Swallow, by means of each dowry".

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

How can we take some random gibberish seriously?

Ashinai

Thank you Nikolaus, I have needed verification whether the phrases are correct or incorrect. @ Mattheus, it's random thoughts from my head, so is mere stream of consciousness, it does not however take away the correctness of the wording under the image I attached, they are translated and correct words.

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Quousque tandem abutentur patientia nostra?

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

corrigite!

Avarus

BLAST!!! ...one of these days I'll remember to change that $#@ e to an i...

Ashinai

Is there seriously a tendency to laugh at me when I don't know latin, but am going through a spiritual experience that means more than your inflated egos, and a need to prove yourselves as pompous assholes because you know latin and I don't. Nice mature attitude, google translate actually works for translating your latin. Have a nice life feeling superior for an ancient language, pompous $#@ e to quote Avarus

Nikolaos

schmikolaos

• Censor

Romanes eunt domus is a movie quote, and is notoriously ungrammatical. That Google Translate can understand it is a testament to its fallibility. My point was that it can be fun to translate phrases literally, even when they don't make sense as is.

Quousque tandem &c. is the opening of a famous speech by Cicero, and will reflect the general outlook of the community, since we get many requests of this nature.

As to your post: a mechanic doesn't have an inflated ego simply for knowing his trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.