non aliter caligabis

itaque

I am becoming self-conscious, having opened several of the most recent threads in "Latin Beginners." But here goes: I'm having difficulty translating the following lines from Seneca (Natural Questions 3.Praef):
qui a divinorum conversatione, quotiens ad humana recideris, non aliter caligabis, quam quorum oculi in densam umbram ex claro sole redierunt.... sibi servire gravissima est servitus: quam discutere facile est, si desieris multa te posceris, si desieris tibi referre mercedem, ...
Here's my translation:
Whenever you fall back from the way of the gods to human ways, you will be blinded [non aliter caligabis], like [quam] those [qui] whose [quorum] eyes return from brilliant light to dense shade.... to serve yourself is the heaviest servitude: it [quam] is easy to overcome, if you cease to demand [posceris] much of yourself, if you cease to gain [referre] wages for yourself, ...​

Here are my questions:
  1. I have omitted non aliter -- what is its meaning here? Is it a kind of double negative?
  2. Did I correctly translate qui as "those", moving it quite far from the beginning of the sentence?
  3. Why is posceris in the second-person subjunctive, while referre is an infinitive, despite that they occur in the same situation. Can the second-person subjunctive sometimes replace the infinitive?

Quasus

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

1. non aliter quam "in the same way as"
2. It looks like you translate the first qui as "whenever you", which is fine; "those whose" for "(ii) quorum" is also fine
3. It's a typo, should be si desieris multa te poscere, your translation is fine.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

those [qui]
Did I correctly translate qui as "those", moving it quite far from the beginning of the sentence?
Your translation happens to be correct but not your reasoning, it seems. Qui has nothing to do with "those who eyes..."; it's in a different clause entirely, and wouldn't make any grammatical sense if it were in the same clause. Qui is a connective relative referring to the "you" of the previous clause.

itaque

Okay thank you! I am used to the connective relative being translated with the third-person pronouns, but I suppose it can stand for the second-person pronoun as well!

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Relatives, in general, can stand for any person.