Nos Reserare Valemus

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

This was the very first request that comes up on this site in the Latin-to-English Translation thread.
What was this?
It was never surely translated.
I wanted it to come up for discussion, so I put it here.
Please give an accurate translation, if thoust can.

Praise Our Solhos and all that. Heil the Diety.

"We are able to disclose ourselves" was given at first.

Actually, this could be in the wrong place.

Yeah.

B

Bitmap

You know, you could have written all of that in a single post with a tiny bit of patience or at least by means of the 'edit' button ... but I appreciate how it took you 4 posts to produce that text.

Technical Assistant Edit: merged posts

Anyway, without any real context, I would understand the phrase to mean something like "we are able to unlock/lay open/disclose"

In the meaning of "we are able to disclose ourselves", I would actually have expected the Latin to be reserari rather than reserare.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

I appreciate how it took you 4 posts to produce that text.
Thank you, as always.
Edit: For that and the translation. I'm patient and all, but I've been busy with other things, so I just check back here from time to time.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

You know, you could have written all of that in a single post with a tiny bit of patience or at least by means of the 'edit' button ... but I appreciate how it took you 4 posts to produce that text.

Anyway, without any real context, I would understand the phrase to mean something like "we are able to unlock/lay open/disclose"

In the meaning of "we are able to disclose ourselves", I would actually have expected the Latin to be reserari rather than reserare.
Nos could be the object, though. I think it's ambiguous and I can't be sure, without any context, whether nos is an emphatic subject and the object of reserare is left unmentioned, or whether nos is actually the object of reserare.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

Nos could be the object, though. I think it's ambiguous and I can't be sure, without any context, whether nos is an emphatic subject and the object of reserare is left unmentioned, or whether nos is actually the object of reserare.

It's not like we were given much context from the beginning, though.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

Well, ok. Thanks for the help.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

but maybe 5 in the morning is not the best time for me to do Latin :)
I'm very proud to know some people on this site are willing to do that.