Once more unto the BREACH

Tancrède

I have to start, at an advanced age, giving English (EFL) lessons in France - where I live, and where I have done this often before.

Naturally the School Motto will be of great importance.

Unless a more inspirational text is forthcoming it will be, in Latin, 'Once More unto the Breach' [siege of Honfleur, Henry V].

Iterum ad ………

But what, please, is the most appropriate word for 'breach' ?

Agrippa

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Perhaps:

Iterum irrumpite in murum percussum.

Agrippa

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Liv. 21.8: captum <est> oppidum ea ruina, i. e.: the town was taken by that breach

Iterum in ruinam!

Michael Zwingli

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Liv. 21.8: captum <est> oppidum ea ruina, i. e.: the town was taken by that breach

Iterum in ruinam!
Very good, Agrippa. I think, though I'm not sure, that this better fulfills the OP's intent. iterum in fissuram/lacunam would mean more like either "attack the weak spot once again" or "shore up the weak spot once again", depending on context. iterum in ruinam means more like "once again into the ruins/devastation/wreckage".

syntaxianus

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

The meaning of the whole phrase is to take up a place / post / service that that broken down and needs support. I think along the lines of

iterum auxilium ferre deficientibus [or: ubi deficitur]

to bring assistance again to those who are in want [or: where there is a lack]

Depending on the sentence, the form of ferre would be adapted.

Agrippa

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Nihil aliud Latine reddidi nisi Shakespeare, King Henry V, act III, scene I (Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more:
Or close the wall up with our English dead):

Iterum in ruinam. amici mei, iterumque:
Aut claudite murum Anglis nostris occisis.