Ossa Latinitatis Sola

Dantius

Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris

But perhaps no weirder than "function" instead of "case", "experience" instead of "chapter", or anything else in that book.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

The author's a poet, I suspect.

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

But perhaps no weirder than "function" instead of "case", "experience" instead of "chapter", or anything else in that book.
Well, "function" instead of "case" does make more sense in English. "Experience" rather than "chapter" just sounds like an attempt to make the learning process less stressful and more palatable for students (though I have my doubts about how successful this really would be.)

Dantius

Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris

Well, "function" instead of "case" does make more sense in English. "Experience" rather than "chapter" just sounds like an attempt to make the learning process less stressful and more palatable for students (though I have my doubts about how successful this really would be.)
I found it on Amazon, all the reviews seem to love it! Strange book. The question however is, is it better or worse than the LLPSI books?

Imperfacundus

Reprobatissimus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

I just opened it to a random page, and here's the first thing I read:

This man has apparently never heard of disjunctive pronouns. He also succumbs to that annoying prescriptivist habit of considering linguistic change to be decadence. Good classicist he may be, but a terrible linguist. I have a feeling I won't enjoy reading more of it.

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

I once saw a cartoon in the New Yorker showing a woman looking suspiciously at her apartment's intercom and saying, 'I don't know anyone who says, "It is I."'