Other Language Translation Forums?

QMF

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

I'm curious if this might be a good idea. It came to mind as I was thinking about the fact that this is my primary medium of Latin practice at the moment, while I am also learning Spanish. I thought that I might perhaps be able to do some Spanish-Latin translations for those who might be interested in them. If Andy ever returns, I'm sure he would be able to do them. Iynx or cepasaccus seem to be quite capable of German-Latin translations as well. I would be far from surprised if there are other languages known by our members that I have not mentioned here. I don't know if they would get any substantial amount of traffic, but it seems that if we're capable of doing it, we may as well offer it, and that it would be good practice for those who could participate. What do you all think?

My apologies if this is in the wrong forum; the admin forums are so inactive that it almost seemed inappropriate to poke into them.

cepasaccus

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

In principle I am not opposed to ad a international<->Latin translation section, but at least 99.99% of all people who come to this site understand English and hence English<->Latin translations are understood by these, while Spanish understand only a few therefor Spanish<->Latin translations are lost to most. If somebody only understands German and not English, he will probably find http://www.latein.at/forum/. (Which is btw. not as cozy as this one.)