Per multa discrimina rerum Opinio Nvm Move Amve Venite digni Si diis placet Ie svs nobis omnia

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

This is one of the most reproduced works in history. It has been used for two millennia as a staple from which to teach Latin. I think you will find it impossible to know which book he read, unless he recorded it.
Have you had a look at google books to see how the editions were laid out at the time?

Yes I did look at Google books but it's a Jungle. Too many books. I found one published in 1619, the year after with preview, but this did not include the phrase when I searched. I need to find
Aeneidos II by Virgil don't I ? If someone can direct me to a digital copy of this poem published before 1619, with a search function, i would be most helpful.

Is it ok if I give credit to you all on my new website for helping me ?

Imber Ranae

Ranunculus Iracundus

• Civis Illustris

ok thanks.. but what I'm interested in is what versions of this poem was around central Germany in early 17th century, before 1618. I need to know what book Daniel Mögling (the author) read when, and if, he quoted Virgil in the print.
Why does it matter where he read it? If you're imagining you'll find some version of the Aeneid with multa discrimina instead of tot discrimina, I can tell you right now you'll be searching in vain. Replacing tot with multa would not fit the meter, so it's inadmissible.

Your author/artist simply adapted the phrase when quoting it, replacing tot "so many" with multa "many", a natural enough paraphrase. He could do this because poetic meter is of no concern when quoting a small fragment from a poem. It's probably impossible now to discover exactly why he made the alteration. Perhaps he misremembered, as Socratidion surmised; perhaps he felt "many" was more straightforward than "so many". Does it really matter in the end?
I need to know if the sections of this book, with "Shelter on the Libyan cost" being an original section and not something divided in later versions of the story.
Those sections are part of the English translation; I very much doubt they ever existed in any Latin edition of the text. Medieval manuscripts sometimes did introduce chapter headings into ancient works, but there are no standardized ones for the Aeneid, and they were certainly never a part of the original work. Most modern editions of the text don't have any, either.

But what does any of this matter for your purposes? If you want to cite the source, all you need is the book number and verse number. There are no standardized chapter divisions in the Aeneid, so citing one of those would be pointless.