Perratricem?

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
That helps!

De bonis autem meis exiguis tria volumina, nempe testamentum vetus novumque uno volumine comprehensum impressum Antuerpiae apud Joannem Meretum et anno domini millesimo sexagentesimo quinto Sixti Quinti iussu editum et opera omnia Leonis magni uno volumine in folio et Joannis Rider praeceptorium super decalogon in folio, haec tria volumina in honore sanctissimae Trinitatis dono Collegio Trinitatis in alma Academia Oxonensi cuius olim socius indignus fortasse fui.

Of my small possessions, three books, namely a copy of the Old and New Testaments included in one volume, printed in Antwerp by John Meret and published in 1605 on the order of Sixtus V; the complete works of Leo the Great in one folio volume; and John Rider's Praeceptorium on the Decalogue in folio format: these three books I bequeath, in honor of the Most Holy Trinity, to Trinity College at the University of Oxford, of which I was once a perhaps unworthy member.

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
Ooh, wait. Silly me, it's testamentum vetus novumque, of course. Wait a bit; I'll adjust my post.

stdape

Thankyou very much. Makes much more sense now, and see it was Antwerp, i thought it was wrong, so quite fascinating. Just wish i could learn Latin, always struggled with languages, but good at a lot of things.

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
I didn't learn Latin at university, no. I acquired the basics with a correspondence course and after that I continued learning on my own, mostly through reading and practicing on this forum.