Perratricem?

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

Looks like the accusative of the name Perratrix.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Where did you find it, stdape? If it's part of a sentence, can you post the entire sentence?

It looks like it could be a misprint or bad scanning for peccatricem, but I can't be sure of anything without context.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

Oh?

stdape

Where did you find it, stdape? If it's part of a sentence, can you post the entire sentence?

It looks like it could be a misprint or bad scanning for peccatricem, but I can't be sure of anything without context.
You may be right, not at Computer at present, will send picture when i get to it. If so what does Peccatricem mean?

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

A (female) sinner, in general. But the translation can vary slightly depending on context.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

Well, never mind.

stdape

Sorry so long finally got here i sent a section the word as you can probably see 2nd line to the right. Sent rest for context. This is a Probate of 1620 Anthony Shurley who was Clergy. Most of it is in more Religious based so sinful sounds right except he is male. Wish i could get my head round Latin lol, is there a good Latin to English translator out there? of any good Google as most know is rubbish. Got various Books. but some words just do not appear in them.

Attachments

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

It says animulam meam peccatricem, literally "my little sinful soul", but in this context maybe the diminutive animulam should rather be rendered as something like "poor soul". Peccatricem is used as sort of an adjective to animulam.
is there a good Latin to English translator out there?
Do you mean a human one or a machine one? If a machine one, no, there aren't any.

stdape

Thank-you that makes a little sense now. You have been of great help. Just wonderingif i can be a little bit more of a pain and ask if you could help me with this section From Anno Domino to et Opera on the next line
In the year of our Lord 16?? ->..........
A lot of the Will/Probate is strange compared to other ones along with my Latin very poor.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

anno domini millesimo sexagentesimo quinto ? ? ? et opera omnia Leonis magni uno volumine in folio

Can anyone read the words between quinto and et opera?

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

The second one is quinti, I think, unless that's part of a longer word.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I think I've got it:

anno domini millesimo sexagentesimo quinto Sixti Quinti issu editum et opera omnia Leonis magni uno volumine in folio

In any case, the picture doesn't show a complete sentence. I can tell you it seems to be about some work published in 1605 on the order of Sixtus V* and the complete works of Leo the Great, but if you want a translation you'll have to give us the complete sentence.

*He died in 1590, though, but perhaps his order was carried out after his death.

stdape

Hi sent whole Document so it makes sense. Have no idea where Sentences begin or end as Latin for me is lacking. I have marked the line concerned.
Very grateful for your time. The works published etc you stated starts to makes sense.

Attachments

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

OK, the works in question are part of a list of bequests.

Let me first try to transcribe the sentence:

De bonis autem meis exiguis tria volumina, nempe testamentum vetus non umquam (?) uno volumine comprehensum impressum Antuerpiae apud ? ? et anno domini millesimo sexagentesimo quinto Sixti Quinti issu editum et opera omnia Leonis magni uno volumine in folio et Joannis ? praeceptorium (?) super decalogon in folio, haec tria volumina in honore sanctissimae Trinitatis dono Collegio Trinitatis in alma Academia ? cuius olim socius indignus fortasse fui.

I'll come back later to try and decipher the words I haven't been able to read now. Also maybe someone else will.

stdape

Wow that was quick I got Anterpiae apud Johem Moretum (John Moretum) and Joannis Ryder.
Alma Academia oxon (Oxford) as three of the ? Marks. If it helps or indeed right !