Project

Adrian

Civis Illustris
I actually liked it unpainted, but I guess I'll wait an see the final result.
Same here, I thought Hawk would use a stain varnish to give the case a nice quasi-oak imitation.

Ah, if it's any consolation I've lost my music room. My eldest has moved back in with his two bloody cats and my sanctuary has turned into a young man's hovel. Spud is an untidy bugger.
Damn Hawk, sorry to hear that amigo. What now? New project? (like rearrangment of the attic?)

I actually liked it unpainted, but I guess I'll wait an see the final result.
I prefer to bring out the grain too, keeping it natural looking but my partner wanted a white bookcase. Also the pine I bought was cheap and wasn't in the best shape (but I knew it was to be painted white so it was ok). That said, I wanted to stain 3 alcoves to contrast against the white but again she wanted another colour. There's plenty of wood in the house so I was easy either way.

Damn Hawk, sorry to hear that amigo. What now? New project? (like rearrangment of the attic?)
I have my eye on skips and I'm also checking the rubbish in these big gardens at work as I'm looking for a large Belfast sink for my back garden. I plan on building housing for it to sit in.

I might sound a bit like a cheapskate but I derive pleasure from turning people's rubbish into usefulness. You'd be surprised what one can salvage. Plus I am a cheapskate and enjoy saving money.

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
What's the ship there? I like it.

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
Cool. Where did you find that?

Agrippa

Civis Illustris
I forgot to update the bookcase project. Also bought a solid teak G-Plan side table in perfect condition, spent £200 on it but they're usually a fair bit more in good condition. Looking for a cheap French vase to sit on it now.

View attachment 11431View attachment 11432
Show me your books and I will tell you who you are.
Et tuos libros et Apollinis, cui Belvedere cognomen tributum est, imaginem admiratus unusquisque nostrum denuo intellegit virum te esse litterarum amantissimum.

Show me your books and I will tell you who you are.
Et tuos libros et Apollinis, cui Belvedere cognomen tributum est, imaginem admiratus unusquisque nostrum denuo intellegit virum te esse litterarum amantissimum.
There's a stack on those shelves that I've started but never finished.

Adrian

Civis Illustris
Hawk, mi amigo. That's one lovely bookcase. ¡Bravo! :thumb-up: