Proposed Sticky for Common Translation Request

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

I think I suggested a while ago that we consider having a sticky for common translation requests. With the new software, it is easier to make stickies, so I am dredging the idea up again...

What would people think about having a thread, which we could post links to discussions on translations of common requests? My idea was along the lines of one post per translation, so something like:

That which does not kill me makes me stronger
links 1-340 here

Next Post: Eternal love
Links here

etc...

What do you guys think?

Decimvs

Aedilis

• Aedilis

It could work, although it seems like most of the time people do not read the sticky threads that are already there.

Most of the time they post asking for translations without even seeing that there is a translation area, et cetera.

Who knows, I think it is a logical step, and makes sense, but people generally do not seem to read through the advisories.

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

Highly likely I think that they wouldn't look. But at least then you would have a centralised thread to refer them to...

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

To give an idea of what it would look like, I put a sticky up in the English to Latin translation forum at THREAD: #5578

If people don't like it, or feel that it is misleading, we can always remove it.

I would have added more requests, but the search function seems to be down at the moment, so I couldn't find the ones I was looking for. If there are ones which come to mind, please feel free to add them.