protect this body from all harm and illness

FORESYTE27

Please tell me how to write "protect this body from all harm and illness." In Latin? Thank you in advance, and nothing but respect for you guys/girls, I wish I could learn latin too, I have always wanted to...

FORESYTE27

Protect this body from all harm and illness = Protege hoc corpus ab omni calamitate et morbo.
Is this a word for word translation or what is the exact words in English? I'm just wondering if it is word for word or if it has a different meaning and why? Thank you...

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

thread title change?

FORESYTE27

Sorry but I need to ask, why am I told that Protege hoc corpus ab omni calamitate et morbo. Translates to "Protect the body from all this is a disaster, and disease"?

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

Because you have gone to Google Translate to check up on us. This is not the best idea, because Google Translate isn't all that good. It can generally get the sense of a passage for a variety of modern languages, but even there it has to be tidied up a bit. With Latin it's generally a car crash -- although in this instance, the sentence being fairly simple, it's closer than usual, even if its concept of idiomatic English leaves something to be desired.